Author Topic: 'Fascism’: Bob Beckel Explodes at Obama for ‘Deplorable’ NSA Phone Records Grab  (Read 1021 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/06/06/Fascism-Bob%20Beckel%20Explodes-At-Obama-Over-Deplorable-NSA-Phone-Records-Grab

Fox News’ The Five co-host Bob Beckel:

“I think it is one of the most outrageous examples of the stepping on the Constitution I’ve heard. They have no right to the phone records… It is illegal, it is unconstitutional, and it is deplorable. I didn’t like it when they did it during the Bush administration and I don’t like when they’re doing it now.”

“They have taken this PATRIOT Act, which I think was the most dangerous act passed, and they have taken it and abused it,” Beck added. “You talk about fascism? You’re getting damn close to it."

6 Jun 2013
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Someone should point out to Bob that the laws they are using pre-date the Patriot Act (at that, the FISA regulations under the Patriot Act actually are supposed to prevent this).

The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) is a United States wiretapping law passed in 1994, during the presidency of Bill Clinton (Pub. L. No. 103-414, 108 Stat. 4279, codified at 47 USC 1001-1010).

CALEA's purpose is to enhance the ability of law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct electronic surveillance by requiring that telecommunications carriers and manufacturers of telecommunications equipment modify and design their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they have built-in surveillance capabilities, allowing federal agencies to monitor all telephone, broadband internet, and VoIP traffic in real-time.

famousdayandyear

Someone should point out to Bob that the laws they are using pre-date the Patriot Act (at that, the FISA regulations under the Patriot Act actually are supposed to prevent this).

The Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) is a United States wiretapping law passed in 1994, during the presidency of Bill Clinton (Pub. L. No. 103-414, 108 Stat. 4279, codified at 47 USC 1001-1010).

CALEA's purpose is to enhance the ability of law enforcement and intelligence agencies to conduct electronic surveillance by requiring that telecommunications carriers and manufacturers of telecommunications equipment modify and design their equipment, facilities, and services to ensure that they have built-in surveillance capabilities, allowing federal agencies to monitor all telephone, broadband internet, and VoIP traffic in real-time.

And CALEA is implemented as a "door" or hardware enabled access to signaling (SS7) gateways--these gateways are the connection nodes or "intelligence" that provide the central switching or routing between telecommunications networks
(voice and IP=data).  Been around for decades.