Author Topic: Verizon Scandal: Intel Director Testified in March that Gov. Does Not Collect Data on Americans  (Read 522 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/06/06/Three-Months-Ago-Director-of-National-Intelligence-Testified-Gov-Does-Not-Collect-Data-On-Americans

On March 12, 2013, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and other intelligence officials testified about current and future threats to the United States. Senator Ron Wyden asked: "Does the NSA collect any kind of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans? Clapper answered: "No, sir." Wyden: "It does not?" Clapper: "Not wittingly. There are cases where they could, inadvertently, perhaps..."
6 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM PDT

Support the USO

Offline musiclady

Not wittingly?  You mean they just happened to gather information on Verizon customers and didn't realize it??

Yeah........................right........................
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

Everybody on the conservative side is frantic over this.  GEORGE W. BUSH'S administration did the very same thing!

Congress has been briefed on this, which is why you see NO Congresspeople (other than Rand Paul) screaming about it.

Now, the internet data mining is different, but I suspect it's also done under a FISA judge, so it is perfectly legal under the Patriot Act.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Everybody on the conservative side is frantic over this.  GEORGE W. BUSH'S administration did the very same thing!

Congress has been briefed on this, which is why you see NO Congresspeople (other than Rand Paul) screaming about it.

Now, the internet data mining is different, but I suspect it's also done under a FISA judge, so it is perfectly legal under the Patriot Act.

..and you would be wrong again. As I posted in the previous thread, the wiretapping under Bush happened on calls that did fall under the prevalence of the rules that govern FISA, specifically that they are under a foreign control or involving foreign operatives (my terms, see the other thread for direct quotes). The FISA laws specifically prohibit domestic information gathering like this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf