Author Topic: OMG!!! Poor Marines Forced To Eat MRE’s!!!!  (Read 4521 times)

famousdayandyear

Re: OMG!!! Poor Marines Forced To Eat MRE’s!!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 01:37:31 am »
I beg all not to be ignorant about the Marines on the front lines, at forward operating bases, or midnight missions.  If you have never served as a Marine--trust that they need all the hot food, calories they can ingest.  Some of the comments reveal that the posters do not know what they're posting about. There will be no weight gains outside the wire.  Don't doubt it.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:44:34 am »
It's too bad they have dispensed with that and have contracted meal preparation out...

I had no idea the military had ended that practice, Mystery, and the saddest part is, at least according to Sinkspur, they can never, ever revive it. Maybe they have forgotten how they did it.

our guys deserve 3 hots a day.... Uh, yep, and somehow I really think they can manage it.

The Army stopped using the MKT's sometime during the Balkans. The cooks were relegated to watching over the shoulder of the Host Country Nationals who actually prepared the meals.
When I was in A-stan ('03-'04), we had ACAC. The MKT's the military brought were initially used by contractors to provide hot meals, mostly T-rats. The C's were always supplemented by soup, sandwiches, and coffee or juice. As soon as the DFAC's were built, MKT's went to the sidelines.
Believe me, these guys aren't suffering, and it's a heck of a lot better to draw down the support services ahead of time than for the military to suddenly depart and abandon all their contracted support personnel (Been there, Done that) on site.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline happyg

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 01:53:10 am »
I beg all not to be ignorant about the Marines on the front lines, at forward operating bases, or midnight missions.  If you have never served as a Marine--trust that they need all the hot food, calories they can ingest.  Some of the comments reveal that the posters do not know what they're posting about. There will be no weight gains outside the wire.  Don't doubt it.

Yep! Even when three hot meals are served daily, many of the Marines miss them because of other duties. This shouldn't even be an issue.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 02:00:04 am »
Beef slice with Veins????????????? :thud:

Sorry... it all sounds terrible to me.....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 03:32:57 am »
I was out in the DMZ in Korea, Spring of 1969...

Oh, wow,  PzLdr, we served in the same general area, only I was there 3 years before you and further south at both Camp Kaiser (Unchoni) and Camp Casey (Tongduchon), 7th Division.

Did you know the boxes those C-Rations came in could be used to heat your meal? Never tried it but they were supposed to be smokeless when burning so you wouldn't give away your position.

The Army thinks of everything doesn't it; or, as we used to say on occasion: FTA (Forever, The Army)?

Better idea than the guy [when I was there] who made a "stove" out of a C-rat can and some C-4, but didn't ventilate the can with his P-38 [one of the Army's finest inventions]. Since no air got in, the thing exploded and killed him.

I was with 'A' Co., 3/23 Inf, 2 ID, just north of Munsan. We were in an A/O just east of the Imjin with the ROPKs on our left. I did the annnual qualification on the M-16 at Casey. Bitch of a range.  :beer:  :patriot:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Relic

« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »
The point is, both jobs are undertaken voluntarily.  There is no coercion to accept either role.

You know, that's probably one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a while. That looks like something Michelle Obama would have put together.

They're exactly the same except that:

- You can quit from the oil rig job. Quitting from the military is easier than it once was, but still not simple.
- While both jobs are dangerous, I'd suggest that it's rare that someone shoots at oil rig workers.
- You can choose where you'll work, within limits, with oil rig work. In the military, you go where you're told, period.
- The obvious pay difference because even the most rabid leftist would admit that being in the military is patriotic duty, while working on an oil rig is just another job.

I'm not sure if you've decided to be the resident contrarian, or if you've had a horrible brain injury.

Offline happyg

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 03:34:54 pm »
You know, that's probably one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a while. That looks like something Michelle Obama would have put together.

- You can quit from the oil rig job. Quitting from the military is easier than it once was, but still not simple.
- While both jobs are dangerous, I'd suggest that it's rare that someone shoots at oil rig workers.
- You can choose where you'll work, within limits, with oil rig work. In the military, you go where you're told, period.
- The obvious pay difference because even the most rabid leftist would admit that being in the military is patriotic duty, while working on an oil rig is just another job.

I'm not sure if you've decided to be the resident contrarian, or if you've had a horrible brain injury.

:amen: :amen: You forgot to mention that many people join the military because they are patriots, and want to give back. The military is the reason we exist. They are our guardians, and seek little compensation. The least we can do to show our gratification for their service, is to feed them decent meals. Even the homeless get three hot meals a day if they choose to do so.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »

No one is forced to join the military.  Try to keep up.  And you can shove your ad hominems, pal.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2013, 03:43:30 pm »
Okay...enough....no personal insults please...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:37 pm »
No one is forced to join the military.  Try to keep up.  And you can shove your ad hominems, pal.

Interesting. I've seen that posting style on another site. Don't really address the substance, then say "try to keep up" as if you were somehow way ahead of the rest of us. I'd like to say I'm sorry if you were offended, but I'm constrained.

:silly:

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:42 am »
Beef slice with Veins????????????? :thud:

Sorry... it all sounds terrible to me.....

It is terrible if you don't have to eat it, but when you're hungry, even hot dogs look like a 4-star meal. (I abhor hot dogs **nononono*)
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.