Author Topic: Holder: 'No intention' of stepping down  (Read 755 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Holder: 'No intention' of stepping down
« on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:05 am »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/06/holder-no-intention-of-stepping-down-165520.html?hp=l4

By DYLAN BYERS |
6/5/13 8:00 PM EDT

Attorney General Eric Holder said Wednesday night that he had "no intention" of stepping down in the wake of scrutiny over Justice Dept. leak investigations, though he left the door open for a possible exit before the end of President Obama's second term.

"There's some things that I want to do, some things I want to get done. I've discussed that with the President," Holder told NBC News correspondent Pete Williams in an exclusive interview. "Once I have finished that, I'll sit down with him and we'll determine when it's time to make a transition to a new attorney general."

"But to be clear, you're not stepping down now?" Williams asked.

"No, I have no intention of doing so now."

Elsewhere in the interview, Holder expressed concern that the Justice Department's guidelines for monitoring reporters in national security investigations had "gotten a little out of whack."

"I think we can do a better job than we have," he said. "We can reform those regulations, reform those guidelines to better reflect that balance."

Wednesday's interview was Holder's first since he and other Justice Department officials sat down with some of Washington's top editors and bureau chiefs for an off-the-record meeting about revisions to the department guidelines. The Department has come under heavy scrutiny following revelations that it subpoenaed phone records of Associated Press reporters and monitored the activity of Fox News reporter James Rosen, who was labeled in court documents as "at the very least, an aider or abettor or co-conspirator" in a criminal investigation.

"I don't like that, because it means that me as a government official, and who has great respect for the press, is in essence saying that the reporter who is doing his or her job, and doing that very important job, is somehow branded a criminal," Holder said of the claims against Rosen. "I'm just not comfortable with that. And we're going to change it."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Holder: 'No intention' of stepping down
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:27:22 am »
He's crippled and knows he's crippled.   I want him to stay, as he's an albatross around Obammy's neck.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Re: Holder: 'No intention' of stepping down
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:07:54 am »
Why would he step down?  I don't want him to, and if the GOP doesn't run on the corruption platform in 2014, then they deserve to lose.

Of course, I imagine some "scandal" involving a GOP House member will surface in October, and be trumpeted across the nation by the MSM as some sort of systemic problem with the GOP>
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------