Author Topic: Death Panel: Secretary Sebelius Denies Lung Transplant for 10-Year-Old Girl  (Read 973 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Death Panel: Secretary Sebelius Denies Lung Transplant for 10-Year-Old Girl
June 05, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Kathleen Sebelius, have you heard about this?  There's a little girl in Pennsylvania who is being denied a lung transplant because she's 10 years old.

I lit a cigar in honor of Sarah Palin right as the program began.  Death panels.  Just exactly what Sarah Palin said, exactly what we all knew. Obamacare establishes death panels, and right now Sebelius is it.  And that's what Obamacare says.  I don't know how many times it says in there, but the phrase "as the secretary shall determine," meaning the secretary of Health and Human Services.  Well, Sebelius is determined a 10-year-old doesn't get the lung.  She doesn't get a lung transplant 'cause she 10 years old, and you have to be 12 to get a lung transplant under the current regulations.

Her congressman has begged Sebelius to waive the regulation, but she has refused.  The congressman's a Republican.  Of course Sebelius would refuse.  But I remember how people laughed.  I remember how the media said, "Ah, youHer congressman has begged Sebelius to waive the regulation, but she has refused. Republicans, ah, you conservatives, you're just over the top.  There aren't any death panels.  What are you talking about?"  Look, I'm not even gonna sit here and say that Sebelius is wrong not to not intervene, but they're death panels.  The government's making the decision who lives and dies.  That's what Obamacare is.  Little think piece, just a little bit.  A proposition to the low-information voters.  Tell you what we're gonna do.  You have two choices here.

President Obama and 14 people he names to run American health care, or Rush Limbaugh and 14 people he names to run American health care.  What do you choose?  And we'll point out now with Obama, he'll actually choose 14 people, and they will tell you what you can and can't have and where you can and can't go and what will and will not be paid for.

I will not set up such a commission.  I will tell you your health care business is yours, you work it out with your doctor, you work it out with your insurance company, but I have no control over whether or not your daughter gets a lung transplant and I'm not gonna ever assume that kind of power over you.  But Obama and his people happily will, and they happily have.  So this a forerunner, it's just a glaring illustration that there are indeed death panels in Obamacare.

more at:   http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/06/05/death_panel_secretary_sebelius_denies_lung_transplant_for_10_year_old_girl

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald