Author Topic: Tea party witness chokes up: ‘I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born free American woman’ [VIDEO]  (Read 1458 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/04/tea-party-witness-chokes-up-im-not-begging-my-lords-for-mercy-im-a-born-free-american-woman-video/#ixzz2VGD17W7z

Tea party witness chokes up: ‘I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born free American woman’ [VIDEO]
11:07 AM 06/04/2013

Vince Coglianese

A tea party witness from Alabama launched into emotional testimony Tuesday as she described her group’s political abuse at the hands of the Internal Revenue Service.

“We peacefully assemble. We petition our government. We exercise the right to free speech. And we don’t understand why the government tried to stop us,” Wetumpka Tea Party President Becky Gerritson said during her opening statement before the House Ways and Means Committee.

“I’m not here at as a serf or a vassal,” she went on, beginning to choke up. “I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born-free American woman, wife, mother and citizen.”

“And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered,” Gerritson said.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

We have, indeed, lost our way.

And, that is not the end of the tragedy.  Since there are those who celebrate it, even mock it, the tragedy has just begun.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Relic

We have, indeed, lost our way.

And, that is not the end of the tragedy.  Since there are those who celebrate it, even mock it, the tragedy has just begun.

Absolutely. Her words fell on deaf ears. And, the few that listened, likely thought she was confused. She is a serf, she is a ward of the state, she just doesn't understand.

My brother is a liberal, and it stuns me how accepting he is of the government as the final authority in almost all things.

Offline happyg

Absolutely. Her words fell on deaf ears. And, the few that listened, likely thought she was confused. She is a serf, she is a ward of the state, she just doesn't understand.

My brother is a liberal, and it stuns me how accepting he is of the government as the final authority in almost all things.

My brother WAS a liberal, along with his wife. Sharon informed me she became a republican when Obama was running for president. She said my brother voted for Obama, but regretted it within a year, and changed his party, as well. Both were always as conservative as I am, but her family was all union, and my brother was high up in his union. That's no excuse for them, but the only reason I can think of.

Offline GourmetDan

Yes, the 'deaf ears' are on the politicians.

But the ears that really need to hear the following words are the ears of the American people:

“And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered,” Gerritson said."

The more Americans who hear these words, the more who will agree.  Only then will the country change.

It is up to us to repeat these words to all who will hear...   :patriot:

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:12:55 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
“And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place. It’s not your responsibility to look out for my well-being and to monitor my speech. It’s not your right to assert an agenda. Your post, the post that you occupy exists to preserve American liberty. You’ve sworn to perform that duty. And you have faltered,”

Boom. Unfortunately everyone there is deaf.

Offline xfreeper

Too late for words. Your rulers don't care what you say and aren't concerned in the least what you think. The level of corruption and abuse of power within our gov't bureaucracies is beyond the pale and because citizens have tolerated it and allowed it for so long there is nothing at all for the ruler to be concerned with. They have consolidated their lock on power and enriched themselves to the point that the citizens are powerless. Any feeble attempt to change the situation will be ridiculed and ignored. Any serious attempt will be squashed.

Offline Relic

Too late for words. Your rulers don't care what you say and aren't concerned in the least what you think. The level of corruption and abuse of power within our gov't bureaucracies is beyond the pale and because citizens have tolerated it and allowed it for so long there is nothing at all for the ruler to be concerned with. They have consolidated their lock on power and enriched themselves to the point that the citizens are powerless. Any feeble attempt to change the situation will be ridiculed and ignored. Any serious attempt will be squashed.

Sad but true.  8888crybaby