Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »
We have, indeed, lost our way.

And, that is not the end of the tragedy.  Since there are those who celebrate it, even mock it, the tragedy has just begun.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
We have, indeed, lost our way.

And, that is not the end of the tragedy.  Since there are those who celebrate it, even mock it, the tragedy has just begun.

Absolutely. Her words fell on deaf ears. And, the few that listened, likely thought she was confused. She is a serf, she is a ward of the state, she just doesn't understand.

My brother is a liberal, and it stuns me how accepting he is of the government as the final authority in almost all things.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
Absolutely. Her words fell on deaf ears. And, the few that listened, likely thought she was confused. She is a serf, she is a ward of the state, she just doesn't understand.

My brother is a liberal, and it stuns me how accepting he is of the government as the final authority in almost all things.

My brother WAS a liberal, along with his wife. Sharon informed me she became a republican when Obama was running for president. She said my brother voted for Obama, but regretted it within a year, and changed his party, as well. Both were always as conservative as I am, but her family was all union, and my brother was high up in his union. That's no excuse for them, but the only reason I can think of.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:17 PM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:12:55 PM by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »
Too late for words. Your rulers don't care what you say and aren't concerned in the least what you think. The level of corruption and abuse of power within our gov't bureaucracies is beyond the pale and because citizens have tolerated it and allowed it for so long there is nothing at all for the ruler to be concerned with. They have consolidated their lock on power and enriched themselves to the point that the citizens are powerless. Any feeble attempt to change the situation will be ridiculed and ignored. Any serious attempt will be squashed.

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »
Too late for words. Your rulers don't care what you say and aren't concerned in the least what you think. The level of corruption and abuse of power within our gov't bureaucracies is beyond the pale and because citizens have tolerated it and allowed it for so long there is nothing at all for the ruler to be concerned with. They have consolidated their lock on power and enriched themselves to the point that the citizens are powerless. Any feeble attempt to change the situation will be ridiculed and ignored. Any serious attempt will be squashed.

Sad but true.  8888crybaby

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf