Author Topic: Robert Gibbs: Darrell Issa must apologize  (Read 1106 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert Gibbs: Darrell Issa must apologize
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:51:26 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=BA88715D-AF0D-41AD-A9D9-19DA99374FDB

Robert Gibbs: Darrell Issa must apologize
By: Katie Glueck
June 3, 2013 07:38 AM EDT

Former White House press secretary Robert Gibbs on Monday called on Rep. Darrell Issa to apologize after the California congressman bashed the current administration spokesman as a “paid liar.”

“Well, first of all, Darrell Issa should call Jay Carney and apologize this morning,” Gibbs said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

He also called the fact that Issa is the chairman of the House Oversight Committee possibly the “biggest joke in all of Washington.”

His comments came a day after Issa (R-Calif.) called White House press secretary Jay Carney a “paid liar” in light of the controversy surrounding the IRS and a division in the agency that scrutinized conservative groups.

“Their paid liar, their spokesperson … he’s still making up things about what happened and calling this a local rogue,” Issa said on Sunday, speaking on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“I mean, it’s a stunning thing,” Gibbs said of Issa’s charges. “It’s why five people in this town take Darrell Issa seriously and it’s the surest bet the Republicans are very much on the verge of overplaying their hand publicly and the American people will lose interest in their side of this. They want to see the IRS cleaned up, but they will understand quickly that Darrell Issa is doing nothing more than politicizing this event.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Robert Gibbs: Darrell Issa must apologize
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:56:57 pm »
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:01:11 pm »
:silly:

I laughed, too!  Gibbs had the guts to  say Issa is, " “biggest joke in all of Washington," as he protested against the word, "liar". I'm happy someone finally used the word, liar, instead of, 'misspoke, inferred, mislead', and all the other words, instead of what they really mean.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 01:09:14 pm »

Apologize??? I think not!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »
I'll bet he does.
Republicans have no marbles.
Yeah, they've got all the right ideas BUT, no marbles.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:26 pm »

“Well, first of all, Darrell Issa should call Jay Carney and apologize this morning,” Gibbs said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

:mauslaff:

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
Read the headline.

Laughed out loud.

Moving on.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams