Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett Is 'Very Upbeat' Despite Scandals; 'Things Happen ... We Will Move On'  (Read 1314 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Via the Weekly Standard: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/valerie-jarrett-very-upbeat-despite-scandals-things-happen-we-will-move_732174.html

Valerie Jarrett, a top adviser to President Barack Obama, says she and the rest of the White House remain "very upbeat" despite the series of scandals that have engulfed the Obama administration in recent weeks.
valerie jarrett

“In any given day, our administration has about 2 million employees, and things happen,” Jarrett tells the Boston Globe. “We put in process procedures to make sure if there has been any wrongdoing, there will be appropriate consequences, and we will move on.”

Jarrett just wants to move on from the scandals. And, she says, the American people want these scandals not to serve as a distraction.

“We have every confidence that people within the White House have behaved appropriately,” Jarrett says. “People all around the country are counting on us not to get distracted or bogged down by this.”

She adds, “I think everybody knows he’s doing his best. ... Our focus is moving the country forward.”

The scandals, the Boston Globe summarizes, are "the singling out of the groups by the IRS, and ... the Department of Justice’s combing through phone records of journalists at the Associated Press." On the IRS scandal, the president of the United States claims to have found out about the targeting of conservatives through press reports--despite the fact that the White House counsel, Kathryn Ruemmler, knew about it for weeks prior.

More at link.

Myst, if this isn't appropriate for Scandal Watch, please shift it  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It makes you wonder what Jarrett has up her sleeve...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

It makes you wonder what Jarrett Soros has up her his sleeve...

There fixed it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

It makes you wonder what Jarrett has up her sleeve...
I'm sure she has a great contingency plan. Of course, it may involve some sort of national disaster and mass casualties to distract us from the scandals, but it sure sounds great to her.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

I'm sure she has a great contingency plan. Of course, it may involve some sort of national disaster and mass casualties to distract us from the scandals, but it sure sounds great to her.

I listened to a very long and interesting report/interview this afternoon on Fox Report - it was on XM so I couldn't place who it was with, but the gist of it was these are all scandals that would or should bring down any administration, but the problem is there is so many scandals all hitting at once that it is almost overkill and too much for people to comprehend - in other words they almost cancel one-another out by sheer volume.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I listened to a very long and interesting report/interview this afternoon on Fox Report - it was on XM so I couldn't place who it was with, but the gist of it was these are all scandals that would or should bring down any administration, but the problem is there is so many scandals all hitting at once that it is almost overkill and too much for people to comprehend - in other words they almost cancel one-another out by sheer volume.

That person might be right. However, the old saying applies, 'if you throw enough mud, some will stick'. The mud in this case happens to be true.