Author Topic: House panel: Report finds $50M for IRS conferences  (Read 944 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
House panel: Report finds $50M for IRS conferences
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:48:10 pm »
House panel: Report finds $50M for IRS conferences
Alan Fram - AP

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A government watchdog has found that the Internal Revenue Service spent about $50 million to hold about 220 conferences for employees between 2010 and 2012, according to a House committee.

That total included $4 million for an August 2010 conference in Anaheim, Calif., for which the agency did not negotiate lower room rates, even though that is standard government practice, according to a statement by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Instead, some of the 2,600 attendees received benefits, including staying in expensive presidential suites. In addition, 15 outside speakers were paid a total of $135,000 in fees, with one paid $17,000 to talk about "leadership through art," the House committee said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IRS_INVESTIGATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-06-02-12-10-02

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: House panel: Report finds $50M for IRS conferences
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:55:10 pm »

Okay folks....pay attention....only gonna type this once   LOL!

This is the 'Associated Press'.....the ONLY news outlet that closer to Obama than Reuters.

The publicized snooping of AP was done with AP's advance knowledge.   The primary purpose was to frighten 'normal run of the mill' journalists from wandering off  the 'reservation'.

The IRS scandal that was conveniently made public by a planted question in a public hearing also has a nefarious purpose.  It has to do with the public's right to bear arms.

I'm convinced that they will continue to make honest, hard-working, struggling, law-abiding Americans SOOOOOOO angry at the IRS that they may do something violent and out of character.

And the more we read about the abuses going on inside the IRS and this administration, the more likely they will achieve their goal(s).

Be careful out there......

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: House panel: Report finds $50M for IRS conferences
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/31/The-Grounding-of-Big-Government

GUT CHECK
Greg Gutfield

You remember near the end of the Monty Python flick, The Meaning of Life-- that scene featuring Mr. Creasote? He’s the morbidly obese freak who gorges on food, until finally, after eating a mint offered by the waiter, completely explodes, sending his guts in all directions.

I was a senior in high school when I saw it, and I remember it clearly. I skipped dinner that night.

And I remember the scene now, as I’ve watched this IRS scandal unfold. I keep thinking about that mint, and that this scandal is that mint.

more at link above

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   more evidence that they expect people to explode in anger.