Author Topic: The Other IRS Scandal by John Hinderaker  (Read 487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
The Other IRS Scandal by John Hinderaker
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: The Other IRS Scandal by John Hinderaker
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:08:33 AM »
At this point, I hope this has legs.  Keep raining scandals...
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:29:02 AM »
At this point, I hope this has legs.  Keep raining scandals...

The only viable plan for the GOP is clear. They have to keep things low key, no talk of impeachment, no talk of firings. But, they have to press on at a slow, steady pace. Keep the hearings going, keep pressing for information, keep digging. If they keep having functions that require time and effort from the administration, it accomplishes two goals. First, it hamstrings the administration so that the Marxist agenda is slowed. Second, the palace guard media will have to cover the hearings. They don't want to, and they'll try to portray the GOP efforts as fishing expeditions, or racism or whatever. But, if the GOP keeps their members in line, (aka herding cats), then they can press on in a no nonsense way that will show seriousness.

Anything other than the plan I mention, will lead to the palace guard crushing the GOP and eventually a blow out in 2014.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
While I agree with your plan, there is no chance of a blowout for the GOP in 2014.  This IRS scandal is now becoming linked in the public mind with the Obama administration.  No one seriously believes that the IRS is an "independent" organization.

In addition, the Obamacare implementation is going to get very ugly.

No, if anything, the GOP will retake the Senate and shut Obama down.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »
While I agree with your plan, there is no chance of a blowout for the GOP in 2014.  This IRS scandal is now becoming linked in the public mind with the Obama administration.  No one seriously believes that the IRS is an "independent" organization.

In addition, the Obamacare implementation is going to get very ugly.

No, if anything, the GOP will retake the Senate and shut Obama down.

I hope you're right, but I am amazed at the stupidity of the public and the unification of the media to do Obama's bidding.

While I know that some people are actually aware of the IRS scandal, in spite of the palace guard media's best efforts, the public has a very short attention span. If the GOP presses too hard, or becomes too bellicose, the pgm will use that to show the public the scandals are just "kerfuffles" and the GOP is mean, evil, obstructionist and racist. The public already doesn't like Republicans. It's a play that would work.

I don't think Obama is the antichrist, but I never would have imagined a man so teflon coated. Honestly, I don't know of anything Obama could do to lose support among the 47% short of switching parties.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf