Author Topic: Why James Rosen Is Not Blameless  (Read 1765 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why James Rosen Is Not Blameless
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2013/05/james_rosen_and_the_justice_department_leak_investigation_the_fox_news_reporter.html

Why James Rosen Is Not Blameless
The Justice Department should not be chasing national security reporters. But those reporters have a responsibility, too.

By Fred Kaplan|Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013, at 3:32 PM

As Eric Holder wrings his hands in remorse over his feverish pursuit of Fox News reporter James Rosen’s phone records, it’s worth noting that, when it comes to national security leaks, some things are secret—and should be kept that way—for a reason.

In Rosen’s case, the alarm bells went off not because he reported that North Korea was about to conduct a nuclear-weapons test but because he reported that the CIA learned of this fact from a source inside North Korea. In other words, Rosen revealed that the CIA had a source inside North Korea. It’s unclear whether the source was a human spy or a communications intercept; it’s also irrelevant because, thanks to this story, the source is probably no longer alive or active.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Why James Rosen Is Not Blameless
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:17:10 pm »
Let me see if I have this correctly. The writer knows this, it’s also irrelevant because, thanks to this story, the source is probably no longer alive or active. even though he admits, It’s unclear whether the source was a human spy or a communications intercept.

It appears the Slate writer, Fred Kaplan, is psychic. Or maybe just biased.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 08:49:01 pm »
In Rosen’s case, the alarm bells went off not because he reported that North Korea was about to conduct a nuclear-weapons test but because he reported that the CIA learned of this fact from a source inside North Korea. In other words, Rosen revealed that the CIA had a source inside North Korea.

Uhhm, yeah.  It's a super big secret that the CIA - the US spy agency - has spies inside North Korea.  Really?  If they didn't they wouldn't be doing their job now, would they?

Now here's my leak:  the CIA has sources inside Iran, too.  Will Eric Holder now seek my phone records?

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:57:58 pm »
Let me see if I have this correctly. The writer knows this, it’s also irrelevant because, thanks to this story, the source is probably no longer alive or active. even though he admits, It’s unclear whether the source was a human spy or a communications intercept.

It appears the Slate writer, Fred Kaplan, is psychic. Or maybe just biased.

I'd say biased. Classified information was reported all the time under Bush. Slate's getting desperate to help a helpless Obama.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »
Read the title and saw it was from Slate... all I needed to know.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:28 am »
Blaming the victim?! Well, considering this administration I can't say I am all that surprised.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024