Author Topic: Sandwich narrowly misses Australian PM  (Read 1773 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sandwich narrowly misses Australian PM
« on: May 30, 2013, 09:27:26 am »
Via al Jazeera: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/05/201353044159128217.html

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has had another sandwich thrown at her during a school visit.

Gillard was greeting children at Lyneham High School in Canberra on Thursday when someone aimed the salami at her.

Photos showed the sandwich bypassing her left arm and lying on the ground in front of her as she shook hands with a crowd of students.

Gillard appeared unfazed by the prank, commenting afterwards: "They must have thought I was hungry".

An adviser to the PM said that Gillard was not even aware of the sandwich throwing until someone pointed it out to her afterwards.

More at link.

Just thought this was funny and worth a post.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Re: Sandwich narrowly misses Australian PM
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 11:43:17 am »
If someone had thrown a hotdog at Obama, he would have snatched it from the air like Derek Jeter fielding a line drive, and made short work of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 11:44:51 am »
 :laugh:

Hey - it beats a shoe.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:56:06 pm »
If someone had thrown a hotdog at Obama, he would have snatched it from the air like Derek Jeter fielding a line drive, and made short work of it.

that is classic!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 11:44:54 pm »
Via al Jazeera: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2013/05/201353044159128217.html
Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard has had another sandwich thrown at her during a school visit.

Gillard was greeting children at Lyneham High School in Canberra on Thursday when someone aimed the salami at her.

Photos showed the sandwich bypassing her left arm and lying on the ground in front of her as she shook hands with a crowd of students.

Gillard appeared unfazed by the prank, commenting afterwards: "They must have thought I was hungry".

An adviser to the PM said that Gillard was not even aware of the sandwich throwing until someone pointed it out to her afterwards.
More at link.

Just thought this was funny and worth a post.

That's exactly what an Aussie would say.