Author Topic: Top Military Dog Pictures of the Year  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Top Military Dog Pictures of the Year
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:38:30 am »
http://khanrahan.com/

Top Military Dog Pictures of the Year
Posted on 28th January, by Kevin Hanrahan

So this week is my anniversary on one year since I launched this www.khanrahan.com. It has been a crazy year and I’ve learned a ton.

On Thursday (the actually one anniversary) there will some new designs to the site. The sliders on the entry page to the site will be new and will rotate adding a fresh new look to the site.

I’ll also add other storylines such as my journey from the idea of writing a book to becoming an agented author. (Hopefully this year I will become an author with a publishing contract)

Pic crossing irrigation ditch Top Military Dog Pictures of the YearTo celebrate I’m posting some of your favorite pictures of the year. To include everyone’s favorite A-team at the top of this post!

February is going to be a great month with a Marc, Anax and Dark- will Marc and Dark be successful during their second certification?

I also have the child of war, Danica’s journey from Bosnia-Herzegovina to Afghanistan where she pairs with a viscous and “untrainable” working dog!

U.S. Marine Lance Cpl. Brandon Mann, a dog handler with Alpha Company, 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, and native of Arlington, Texas, sights in with his infantry automatic rifle while providing security with Ty, an improvised explosive device detection dog, during a patrol here, Feb. 16. Marines and sailors with 1st LAR and India Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, conducted clearing and disrupting operations in and around the villages of Sre Kala and Paygel during Operation Highland Thunder. Marines with 1st LAR led the operation on foot, sweeping for enemy weapons and drug caches through 324 square kilometers of rough, previously unoccupied desert and marshland terrain. Mobile units with1st LAR set up blocking positions and vehicle check points while India Company, 3/3 conducted helicopter inserts to disrupt insurgent freedom of movement.

On Thursday I have a fun post to celebrate the one year anniversary of the launch of www.khanrahan.com so stay tuned. Thanks for all your support and words of encouragement!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Re: Top Military Dog Pictures of the Year
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:09:23 am »
This is the trailer.  The full feature is at the NRA website link to Patriot Profiles:  Frog Dog (SEAL and his dog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmWd1n6UhU

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 03:13:32 am »

WOW!  A very powerful photo!!  :patriot:    Saved! thanks.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 03:19:44 am »

Dog Chow remembers one of the bravest dogs ever, Sgt. Stubby. He was the only dog ever promoted to sergeant through combat and was the most decorated war dog of World War I. He even once caught a spy by the seat of his pants!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:28:23 am »
LOL!  Still couldn't stop from reaching out to touch him.

"MEDIC"!! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 01:22:56 am »

WOW!  A very powerful photo!!  :patriot:    Saved! thanks.   :beer:

Sent that one to my son-in-law the infantryman.