Author Topic: Robert Taylor arresting as TV lawman 'Longmire,' based on fictional Wyoming sheriff  (Read 6551 times)

Offline Rapunzel

I do mean the black cop.  To me it was just a bit over the top.

Everyone else does a bang up job of acting.

I almost felt like he was over the top acting because he wanted that brought into the script.... either way the look on Longmiers face as he was spewing things that absolutely had nothing to do with Longmiers character was great.... I'd have wanted to fly across the desk and deck the guy.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

did you see the season finale last night!!!!!! 

No, sadly, did not. Was out most of the evening for an RLC meeting. Hopefully it will be "On Demand" soon (or I may go into withdrawal).

Taylor is appealing, I think, because first and foremost he is a man who behaves like one.

Darn, Cinc.. we need your POV  :beer:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

I'd have wanted to fly across the desk and deck the guy.

Why, Miss Rapunzel, I do believe you have a crush on our Sheriff Longmire.

888heartkitty
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Why, Miss Rapunzel, I do believe you have a crush on our Sheriff Longmire.

888heartkitty

He is cute and I do like real men.

Offline Cincinnatus

Very well, I got to see it last night though why you need my POV is beyond me as I get most of my "insights" come from you. Lol.

Was that really the season finale? Good grief we have more than a few issues to resolve, don't we?

The black cop didn't bother me (his acting, I mean) as much as it did you and The Mom, and I thought it was interesting, given he's black, how they explained what drove him (Inspector Javert, I presume). I also agree with Rapunzel's assessment, the look on Longmiers face as he was spewing things that absolutely had nothing to do with Longmiers character was great.

So now we are left hanging so A&E had better do the right thing and bring this show back or the 3 of us will have to storm their hdqts. You ladies bring the lunch, ok?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:44:10 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline TheMom

You ladies bring the lunch, ok?

I make a mean PB&J! 
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Cincinnatus

I make a mean PB&J!

Oh, I love those. Have eaten them since I was a kid, still do, and am not a kid (chronologically) any more.

Be sure to use "crunchy" PB, please.

Offline TheMom

Nothing beats a good PB&J, with a big ole glass of milk.

Crunchy is the only way to go.

Offline Rapunzel

~LOL~ I haven't had PB&J since I was a kid... my fav was always BP with apple slices....   I'd have to bring the drinks.

BTW Vic's husband is sure a jerk......

Offline Cincinnatus

Nothing beats a good PB&J, with a big ole glass of milk

For me add fresh chips and some cookies (chocolate chip or oreo) and

"Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,"
When I'm munching on a PBJ so sweet (my apologies to Irving Berlin, but what the heck. Lol)

Is this getting weird?

Offline TheMom

BTW Vic's husband is sure a jerk......

Right?  She has a fling with some dude before they even met, then he pitches a hissy fit when that dude is stalking his wife.  *sheesh*

Offline Rapunzel

Right?  She has a fling with some dude before they even met, then he pitches a hissy fit when that dude is stalking his wife.  *sheesh*

Now we have her stalker says he'll be back, we know Longmier and his Indian friend didn't kill Longmier's wife...... so next season (there HAS to be a next season!) we will be working on "who done it"  and why in the world did he save the guys teeth!

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/aes-longmire-glades-hit-season-highs-in-finales-while-awaiting-renewal-decision/

A&E’s ‘Longmire’, ‘Glades’ Hit Season Highs In Finales While Awaiting Renewal Decision
By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday August 27, 2013 @ 3:50pm 

It was a good finish for A&E drama series Longmire and The Glades last night. The Season 2 finale of Longmire drew 4.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million adults 18-49 and 1.5 million A25-54, all season highs. Similarly, the Season 4 closer of The Glades averaged 3.4 million total viewers, 1.1 million A18-49 and 1.3 million A25-54, also season highs. But neither of the series knows its future beyond last night’s episodes.

Last year, Longmire was renewed four weeks into its freshman run, while A&E pulled the trigger on a fourth season of The Glades in mid-September. There are several factors that likely play into A&E’s wait-and-see tactic on the two dramas. First, the network has a new management team as part of the recent reorganization at A&E parent A+E Networks, so they likely are re-examining the entire network portfolio. Additionally, neither of the two series is owned by A&E — Longmire comes from Warner Horizon and The Glades from Fox TV Studios — which usually gives networks extra incentive. A+E is now putting an emphasis on building its newly launched A+E Studios headed by former A&E head Bob DeBitetto. And A&E is in a very different position than the same time last year, boasting a bona fide scripted hit in Bates Motel.

Still, Longmire remains A&E’s most-watched series. Yes, it skews older, but it still averaged some 5.4 million viewers (Live+7, most current) in Season 2, 19% more than Bates Motel, which rules the A&E demo roost. And Longmire‘s second season improved on Season 1 in the younger demos (up 6% in 18-49 and up 18% in 18-34) while keeping the total viewership virtually unchanged. The Glades is having a tougher time with season-to-season comparisons as its Season 4 is down double digits from Season 3 across the board. Still, it was the first A&E scripted series to stick and helped establish the network’s scripted brand. A&E is expected to make renewal decisions in the next couple of weeks.

Offline Rapunzel

I didn't watch The Glades - though it looked like a decent show,  too bad Longmire isn't a FOX production, FOX network could use a program like this instead of some of the crap they've put out recently looking for a hit show.