Author Topic: News Anchor Targeted By IRS Then Fired For Questioning Obama’s Frequent Vacations  (Read 2370 times)

Offline happyg

The “mainstream” media is so predictably liberal, it’s hysterical. Well, not so hysterical for St. Louis KMOV news anchor Larry Connors, who was targeted by the IRS and then fired after a contentious interview with President Obama.

During the interview, Connors confronted Obama about “jetting around” on vacations, while average Americans are struggling financially. The IRS targeted him almost immediately following. In the midst of the current IRS scandals, Connors gave his two cents on his Facebook page. On May 13 he said: “I don’t accept ‘conspiracy theories,’ but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me… Can I prove it? At this time, no. But it is a fact that since that April 2012 interview… the IRS has been pressuring me.”

Connors tried to retract the statement, but the “mainstream” (AKA “liberal”) media had already blackballed him. KMOV announced his firing a few days later.

One can’t help but think things would be a whole lot different if Connors had conducted a “contentious” interview with a Republican administration. Instead of being fired, he probably would have gotten a raise. KMOV explained their decision in a statement, saying Connor had an ”appearance of bias that is inconsistent with important journalistic standards.”

Journalistic standards? Riiight…
http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/05/17685-news-anchor-targeted-by-irs-then-fired-for-questioning-obamas-frequent-vacations/

Online mountaineer

More on this story at this thread. Now Conners is planning to sue KMOV, I read in yesterday's Post-Dispatch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Post Distpatch
Nov. 6, 2013
Larry Conners will be back in the courtroom Thursday — or at least his lawyers will be — to continue his fight to return to television.

Conners' attorney, Merle Silverstein, will appear at 11 a.m. before St. Louis County Circuit Judge Christine Allen Kerr. Silverstein said he will ask Kerr to amend her recent ruling that Conners can work for a radio station, but not on-air at a television station.

On Oct. 4, Kerr stripped the word "radio" from a no-compete clause in Conners’ contract with KMOV (Channel 4), but preserved the rest of the clause that bars him from working for another television station in the St. Louis market for one year after his firing from KMOV, which was May 23.

At the time of the ruling, Kerr said she was not convinced KMOV would risk losing viewers or ratings from radio competition. However, she said KMOV’s "interests in protecting its television viewer base, ratings and advertising revenue are legitimate."

Conners described that ruling as "splitting the baby, trying to make both sides happy."

Conners was fired 10 days after he posted comments to a Facebook page implying the Internal Revenue Service was pressuring him after a 2012 interview with President Barack Obama. The Post-Dispatch reported Conners was the subject of an IRS lien for back taxes before the Obama interview.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

They have at least 3 years more of power. I shutter to think what will be happening to those who disobey by then.   :smokin:

Offline GourmetDan

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
They have at least 3 years more of power. I shutter to think what will be happening to those who disobey by then.   :smokin:

Think about Nazi Peloski back in as Speaker......

Offline flowers

Think about Nazi Peloski back in as Speaker......
Thanks for reminding me of decades of these people. Think about if amnesty is finally OK'd. Yet there already is a form of amnesty going on via drivers licenses etc.

Offline Relic

Fahgettaboudit. They have 3 + 8 for Hillary. I'm telling you we've swung left. I live in a town that was reliably Republican. We just elected a Democrat mayor. That Democrat used Tea Party slurs and negative campaigning to get elected. It's what works with the morons in America.

The media is fine with this stuff, because to criticize Obama is to be a traitor to the cause. It's going to get much, much worse.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Fahgettaboudit. They have 3 + 8 for Hillary. I'm telling you we've swung left. I live in a town that was reliably Republican. We just elected a Democrat mayor. That Democrat used Tea Party slurs and negative campaigning to get elected. It's what works with the morons in America.

The media is fine with this stuff, because to criticize Obama is to be a traitor to the cause. It's going to get much, much worse.

Goodness!    Can't you take a "Happy Pill" or something?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

Goodness!    Can't you take a "Happy Pill" or something?    :laugh:

Nope, this is my outlet. If I don't do it here, then I talk about it with the people around me, and they don't like it!

I'm observing. And I have a pretty good record of being right... well, excluding that Romney win thing.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nope, this is my outlet. If I don't do it here, then I talk about it with the people around me, and they don't like it!

I'm observing. And I have a pretty good record of being right... well, excluding that Romney win thing.

LOL!  Me too!

Still have an unopened  bottle of champagne which was supposed to be opened upon my prediction of a Romney landslide victory.

And I refuse to discuss or acknowledge anything to do with politics inside my circle-of-influence.

Too many libtards.....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."

H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."

H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

I prefer this one:

“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.”
― George Carlin

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I prefer this one:

“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.”
― George Carlin

:beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

More on this story at this thread. Now Conners is planning to sue KMOV, I read in yesterday's Post-Dispatch.

That's what you have to do.  Sue these bastards every time they turn around.  Take their money, pass Go and do it again.  They love to spend OPM, but take theirs and they freak out.

It the only thing these tight-ass libs understand.

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty ...

Offline Relic

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty ...

Great commercial... and it captures how I feel.

Despair.