Author Topic: Woolwich: Help For Heroes Raises £100,000  (Read 1402 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Woolwich: Help For Heroes Raises £100,000
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:37:07 pm »
This could go into world news - I think it fits better here.

Tens of thousands of pounds have been donated to Help for Heroes fund-raising pages set up in the wake of Drummer Lee Rigby's murder.

The soldier was wearing one of the charity's tops when he was killed in Woolwich, south-east London, on Wednesday.

Hundreds of tributes have been paid to the 25-year-old on two Help for Heroes JustGiving pages, which together have collected more than £100,000 in his memory.

One donation, from Chris Walsh, came alongside a message saying: "For Drummer Rigby. We did not know you, but your senseless passing deeply upset our family. May you rest in peace."

Another said: "In memory of Drummer Rigby. You fought to protect your country. I just wish we could have protected you Lee from the cowards who hurt you. RIP soldier Rigby, you will never be forgotten."

More at link, from Sky News: http://news.sky.com/story/1095455/woolwich-help-for-heroes-raises-100000
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Woolwich: Help For Heroes Raises £100,000
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 06:31:26 pm »
Good.  I am sure his family we will appreciate it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776