Author Topic: News Anchor Fired For Accusing IRS Of Targeting Him After Obama Interview  (Read 1071 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Larry Conners, a news anchor for St. Louis station KMOV, was fired after publicly claiming that the IRS targeted him after a somewhat contentious interview with President Obama during the 2012 election. According to The Huffington Post, Conners attempted to walk back his statement, but he was nonetheless let go from KMOV, with a public statement citing Conners’ “appearance of bias that is inconsistent with important journalistic standards.”

In the midst of the continuing investigations into the IRS targeting tea party groups during the 2012 election, Conners jumped into the mix with an allegation of his own.

RELATED: Reporter Confronts Pres. Obama About First Family ‘Jetting Around’ On Vacations

On May 13th, Conners posted the following on Facebook.

“I don’t accept ‘conspiracy theories,’ but I do know that almost immediately after the interview, the IRS started hammering me. … Can I prove it? At this time, no. But it is a fact that since that April 2012 interview … the IRS has been pressuring me.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/news-anchor-fired-for-accusing-irs-of-targeting-him-after-obama-interview/

Oceander

So what was he fired for?  Being a loudmouth?

Offline mountaineer

Re: News Anchor Fired For Accusing IRS Of Targeting Him After Obama Interview
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:32:18 pm »
So what was he fired for?  Being a loudmouth?
No. Probably for criticizing THE WON.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org