Author Topic: ERIC HOLDER SIGNED OFF ON JAMES ROSEN SEARCH WARRANT, OFFICIAL SAYS  (Read 1554 times)

famousdayandyear

http://ace.mu.nu/
May 23, 2013
ERIC HOLDER SIGNED OFF ON JAMES ROSEN SEARCH WARRANT, OFFICIAL SAYS
—Ace

Via NBCNews, Michael Issikoff reporting:

Attorney General Eric Holder signed off on a controversial search warrant that identified Fox News reporter James Rosen as a “possible co-conspirator” in violations of the Espionage Act and authorized seizure of his private emails, a law enforcement official told NBC News on Thursday.

Oh it gets slightly better: Today Barack Obama announced that Eric Holder had agreed to "review" the procedures employed in subpoenaing journalists' phone logs and emails.

In other words: It sounds an awful lot like Obama has appointed Holder to investigate himself.

[Update - JohnE.] That part of Obama's speech:

Journalists should not be at legal risk for doing their jobs. Our focus must be on those who break the law. That is why I have called on Congress to pass a media shield law to guard against government over-reach. I have raised these issues with the Attorney General, who shares my concern. So he has agreed to review existing Department of Justice guidelines governing investigations that involve reporters, and will convene a group of media organizations to hear their concerns as part of that review. And I have directed the Attorney General to report back to me by July 12th.

I'm sure that'll clear everything up.

Offline happyg

And congress will give him a pass...?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Didn't Holder testify before Congress he had recused himself from the probe?

famousdayandyear

Didn't Holder testify before Congress he had recused himself from the probe?

Why, yes.  Yes he did.  Because he knows NOTHING

Offline sinkspur

Why, yes.  Yes he did.  Because he knows NOTHING

The AP probe, not the Rosen probe.

Holder is a political appointee.  This is nothing but a political vendetta.  Look for this charge to be dropped late on a Friday afternoon.  Maybe even tomorrow.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

Exactly, because congress supposedly did not know about the Rosen probe when they had Holder in front of them last week...

Nowwwwwwwwwwwww they are all going on vacation (again).......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

Holder is a political appointee.  This is nothing but a political vendetta.  Look for this charge to be dropped late on a Friday afternoon.  Maybe even tomorrow.

Sorry for the error.  These scandals get me confused.

This rises to another level -- worse than political vendetta.  Suppression of speech sorta trashes the First Amendment-- which Holder, I assume, swore an oath to uphold and defend.  That means Holder will be investigating Holder.  He is the freaking top law enforcement officer, for Gawd's sake.

famousdayandyear

oh, and Eric Holder is a f&ckin criminal

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Basically, the DoJ under Eric Holder, approached a magistrate judge (a lower judge) and obtained a warrant to access Rosen's emails, phone records etc, by claiming that Rosen was possibly guilty of taking part in a criminal conspiracy (espionage to be exact).The warrant was signed by a magistrate (Alan Kay) who in 2006 was highly criticized by Fox News pundits after he issued a ruling favorable to Guantanamo Bay detainees and highly critical of the Bush Defense Department in their treatment of the detainees.

Holder claims no knowledge of the whole situation, yet, what was done, and how it was done is classic Holder style.

In April 2000, while working under Attorney General Janet Reno and the Clinton administration, Holder had Elian Gonzalez temporarily declared an illegal alien, then approached a friendly judge magistrate with a petition for a warrant to seize Elian as a criminal.

Just like in the Rosen case, Holder's DoJ fabricated a crime, secured a warrant from a friendly magistrate, and executed the plan. In the aftermath of the raid on the Gonzalez family's home, Holder claimed that the government had done nothing wrong.

History repeats itself.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx