Author Topic: FLASH: ISSA TO SUBPOENA LOIS LERNER BACK TO COMMITTEE... 'Waived Her Fifth Amendment Rights' By Giving Opening Statement...  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

Issa took the correct approach in not pressing the matter earlier.  Once she took the bait (I believe that was the tactic), he took the apparent high road.  Now, Lerner is in a tight, tight box.  She'd better upgrade her counsel.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
Good! This is exactly the right call!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
Has this been confirmed?  It's not being reported.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Issa took the correct approach in not pressing the matter earlier.  Once she took the bait (I believe that was the tactic), he took the apparent high road.  Now, Lerner is in a tight, tight box.  She'd better upgrade her counsel.

Her attorney should upgrade the quality of his clients - or at least make sure they put up a sizeable retainer ahead of time.  Her attorney is good enough that he must have warned her; she just thought she knew better - typical liberal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf