Author Topic: Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner lost her rights  (Read 691 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner lost her rights
« on: May 22, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Darrell Issa: Lois Lerner lost her rights
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 03:43:38 PM »
As I said, this is not over for Ms. Lerner.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
As I said, this is not over for Ms. Lerner.

I'm also glad to have been right about this. I knew he wasn't going to let her walk away that easily. Issa let her walk into a trap, and instead of trying to make a show of it, he made sure that the trap had been properly sprung.
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:57:15 PM »
I'm also glad to have been right about this. I knew he wasn't going to let her walk away that easily. Issa let her walk into a trap, and instead of trying to make a show of it, he made sure that the trap had been properly sprung.
Exactly.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:03:38 PM »
Not necessarily.

Issa was not up to date on the argument pro or con....thus they huddled later to debate exactly how Lerner should have been handled.

IOW...not so sure Darrell Issa 'set any trap'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
It doesn't matter - she stepped in it.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
It doesn't matter - she stepped in it.

Yes sir....it worked out splendidly!

That said, we can expect the MSM to cry foul on her behalf....to trap her on procedural grounds, etc..
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
Trap, maybe, but just as likely Issa got slammed hard by commentators and constituent complaints.

By the afternoon, Issa was taking a harder stand.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
Trey was right and Issa should have recessed to discuss it and then re-convened rather than let her go.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 04:25:09 PM »
Trey was right and Issa should have recessed to discuss it and then re-convened rather than let her go.

That's my take also.

But like Lando said...it looks like it may work out in at least getting her back to the table.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf