Author Topic: Issa Lets Lerner Get Away  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Issa Lets Lerner Get Away
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »
I'm not sure what to make of Issa, but I don't trust him.

I think the difference comes down to:  Gowdy's a former prosecutor and Issa doesn't have a law degree.  I don't think there's anything sinister here.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 12:12:16 am »
I think the difference comes down to:  Gowdy's a former prosecutor and Issa doesn't have a law degree.  I don't think there's anything sinister here.

Exactly, which is why Issa should have recessed rather than let her go......I am thinking Gowdy would be better running this committee.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 12:16:57 am »
I believe that Issa may have issued a subpoena for her to come back and testify.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
Exactly, which is why Issa should have recessed rather than let her go......I am thinking Gowdy would be better running this committee.

I think this was an example of great teamwork.   As a former prosecutor Gowdy's role is interrogation.  He's truly fabulous ... I'm really glad he's on our side.

But we don't know what he'd bring as the Chairman....so let's not be so quick to throw Issa under the bus.