Author Topic: VIDEO: IRS Official Lois Lerner Asserts Fifth Amendment - "I Have Not Done Anything Wrong"  (Read 1111 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/05/22/video-irs-official-lois-lerner-asserts-fifth-amendment-i-did-not-do-anything-wrong

BY
FOX NEWS INSIDER
 // MAY 22 2013 // 10:28AM
Lois Lerner, IRS Director of Exempt Organizations, gave an opening statement before a House Committee on Wednesday in a hearing on IRS targeting conservative groups after which she asserted her Constitutional right to not answer questions. In a brief statement, Lerner said, "I have not done anything wrong..."

"I have not done anything wrong. I have not broken any laws. I have not violated any IRS rules or regulations, and I have not provided false information to this or any other congressional committee," Lerner said. "Because I am asserting my right not to testify, I know that some people will assume that I have done something wrong. I have not."

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) spoke out during the hearing, saying Lerner should have to stay and answer questions by the committee because she delivered an opening statement in which she 'told her side' of the story. Upon Gowdy's questioning of whether or not Lerner had actually waived the Fifth instead of asserting it due to the opening statement, Rep. Issa concluded that Lerner did not in fact waive the right.

'That's Not How It Works!': Rep. Gowdy Objects to Top IRS Official Taking the Fifth

Watch Lerner's opening statement in the clip above and watch her full appearance in front of the House committee below:

video at link

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

I've been on the public dole for over 34 years so I don't have to answer any questions

Offline GourmetDan

I've been on the public dole for over 34 years so I don't have to answer any questions

Funny how the libs who violate other people's Constitutional rights just love the Bill of Rights when it benefits them...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan