Author Topic: SOCOM Seeks TALOS (Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit)  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
SOCOM Seeks TALOS (Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit)
« on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Ford289HiPo

Re: SOCOM Seeks TALOS (Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
Yep, the young SFC looks cool with that suit, but it's really nothing new:

LandWarrior concept. A lot of this equipment was just set aside by troops in the field. It's either useless, or just extra "stuff" that the troops have to carry.

Also, if you look at the guys crotch in the picture in the initial post, it's completely unprotected. It's just as vulnerable as the neck area.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »
I like the black tubing coming out of the guy's right-hand side.  As if that isn't going to get in the way precisely when things get tough.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:08:42 PM »
Also, if you look at the guys crotch in the picture in the initial post...

Darn it, Ford289HiPo, I am not sure why, but that is not a one of the major areas I focused on.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 11:41:56 PM »
I like the black tubing coming out of the guy's right-hand side.  As if that isn't going to get in the way precisely when things get tough.

I had totally missed that! You are so correct though!

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 11:45:02 PM »
Also, if you look at the guys crotch in the picture in the initial post...

Darn it, Ford289HiPo, I am not sure why, but that is not a one of the major areas I focused on.

:whistle:

It is an extremely vulnerable area though, with the femoral artery and vein running through it. Remember the segment on "Blackhawk Down" where the trooper died because his artery was severed and the medic couldn't staunch the flow.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf