Author Topic: White House-created “doctored” war on Jon Karl and Stephen Hayes falls apart  (Read 1290 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House-created “doctored” war on Jon Karl and Stephen Hayes falls apart

Posted by William A. Jacobson    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 9:10am

White House planted “doctored” email narrative in press, then used press reports to push the “doctored” narrative as a political talking point

I saw this coming from a mile away.

When the White House leaked a single email about Benghazi to Jake Tapper, it launched a war on Jon Karl and Stephen Hayes because the wording of the email varied slightly from the accounts in their reporting. Their reporting, however, was based on summaries because the originals had not been released by the White House, but both reporters stood by the substance of their reporting.

Karl apologized because while he had made clear elsewhere in his report that these were summaries, he was not sufficiently clear as to this single email.

I smelled a rat in the release by the White House of this one email. It looked to me like Tapper, although a great and fair reporter, was being played, that someone in the White House found a difference in the wording, leaked only that email, then used it to generate a fairly massive counter-attack on the entirely of the reporting.

continued here
http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/05/white-house-created-doctored-war-on-jon-karl-and-stephen-hayes-falls-apart/#more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Yep, Pat and Stu covered this as well.  The doctoring story has been debunked by no less than the Washington Post.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776