Author Topic: White House Sitting on "something" that has top aides terrified. 4th Controversy About to Break  (Read 5899 times)

Offline Rapunzel

It may be like the murderer trying to cover his crime by committing arson.

Yep.

Why does anything think they will not allow congress to interview the 30 survivors?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

A little reflection is needed, I think.  Benghazi as it stands is bad enough; it's not going to go away like that, but it's also not going to overshadow the IRS scandal to the point of invisibility.  While it's always possible that Obastard pulled a true Nixon this time, I'm inclined to think it didn't happen.  And, at any event, the IRS scandal indicates the existence of structural corruption that to my mind far outweighs the incompetence of one President.  Benghazi is limited in the sense that once we have a new President, we have a new CinC and therefore the screwups that created Benghazi - being traceable to the current Boob of a President and his posse - are very unlikely to happen again.

The use of the IRS as a political weapon is going to be with us for a lot longer and will do a lot more harm to a lot more ordinary Americans in the future; as they say, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so just because we don't suddenly recognize politically-motivated audits/examinations behind every tree does not mean that these abominations aren't occurring on a frequent basis.

Unless there is a truly earthshaking bombshell sitting out there - the odds are strongly against it - then the IRS is one of the real scandals, one of the ones that really willl poison the American political atmosphere and take us that much closer to tyranny and totalitarianism; Benghazi won't.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I tend to agree O. Personally, I think the IRS thing will resonate more with the public. They already fear the IRS and it is much closer of a controversy. The Benghazi thing will have to be pretty damning for people to personalize it more.

The only thing I can think of regarding Benghazi rumors that could possibly put it back on top was the one that it was a failed staged kidnapping for political purposes.

Oceander

I tend to agree O. Personally, I think the IRS thing will resonate more with the public. They already fear the IRS and it is much closer of a controversy. The Benghazi thing will have to be pretty damning for people to personalize it more.

The only thing I can think of regarding Benghazi rumors that could possibly put it back on top was the one that it was a failed staged kidnapping for political purposes.

I work with people who are in the absolute worst end of the IRS - collections - and I can tell you that the IRS scares the sh&t out of people, so much so that when they have one bad year, or one year where they forgot to file their return on time, they get so afraid of being caught and going to jail that they just stick their heads in the sand and wait until it's been several years and then the mess has just gotten tremendous.  The worst thing about people who are nonfilers, though, is that if they're W2 wage earners, they've more than likely actually overpaid all of their taxes and therefore cannot get back what they've overpaid if it's been more than 3 years since the return was due.

The IRS scandal will resonate much more with ordinary people than Benghazi will.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
A little reflection is needed, I think.  Benghazi as it stands is bad enough; it's not going to go away like that, but it's also not going to overshadow the IRS scandal to the point of invisibility.  While it's always possible that Obastard pulled a true Nixon this time, I'm inclined to think it didn't happen.  And, at any event, the IRS scandal indicates the existence of structural corruption that to my mind far outweighs the incompetence of one President.  Benghazi is limited in the sense that once we have a new President, we have a new CinC and therefore the screwups that created Benghazi - being traceable to the current Boob of a President and his posse - are very unlikely to happen again.

The use of the IRS as a political weapon is going to be with us for a lot longer and will do a lot more harm to a lot more ordinary Americans in the future; as they say, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so just because we don't suddenly recognize politically-motivated audits/examinations behind every tree does not mean that these abominations aren't occurring on a frequent basis.

Unless there is a truly earthshaking bombshell sitting out there - the odds are strongly against it - then the IRS is one of the real scandals, one of the ones that really willl poison the American political atmosphere and take us that much closer to tyranny and totalitarianism; Benghazi won't.

That's my take, too, Oceander.

I was afraid some of us were being tricked....like the audience in a David Copperfield act.

Unless somebody comes forward with pretty damning items, I'm not letting go of the IRS scandal.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

Here's the reality of it from my perspective.

The IRS scandal, bad as it is, will NOT bring down Obama. He will deny culpability and it is unlikely his role, if any can be proven. The sacrificial goat will either be someone high up in the IRS or the Secretary of the Treasury, Jack Lew, and maybe not even him as he only came on board this year.

The AP scandal will NOT bring down Obama. If we are lucky Holder will go, he's an a-hole anyway, but Obama will be shielded.

But Benghazi? The best chance to remove Obama from office or to damage him beyond repair. Why? Because of so many unanswered questions. Why was Stevens in Benghazi? Was he running an arms to Syria operation? Why wasn't help sent? Who gave the stand down order? Where was Obama and what was he doing the night of the attack? Why hasn't Congress been allowed to talk to the 30 survivors? In fact, who are they?

Benghazi reeks to high heaven of betrayal, failure, incompetence, and cover up. Get to the truth of that event and Obama is finished, whether he remains in office or not.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

Here's the reality of it from my perspective.

The IRS scandal, bad as it is, will NOT bring down Obama. He will deny culpability and it is unlikely his role, if any can be proven. The sacrificial goat will either be someone high up in the IRS or the Secretary of the Treasury, Jack Lew, and maybe not even him as he only came on board this year.

The AP scandal will NOT bring down Obama. If we are lucky Holder will go, he's an a-hole anyway, but Obama will be shielded.

But Benghazi? The best chance to remove Obama from office or to damage him beyond repair. Why? Because of so many unanswered questions. Why was Stevens in Benghazi? Was he running an arms to Syria operation? Why wasn't help sent? Who gave the stand down order? Where was Obama and what was he doing the night of the attack? Why hasn't Congress been allowed to talk to the 30 survivors? In fact, who are they?

Benghazi reeks to high heaven of betrayal, failure, incompetence, and cover up. Get to the truth of that event and Obama is finished, whether he remains in office or not.

I'm not trying to remove Obama from office.   Might as well pee up a rope.

Keep our eyes on the 2014 mid-terms....and hopefully, we'll see the Tea Party save our Republic.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Online mountaineer

The administration admitted to its actions in the IRS harassment and AP spying cases. They haven't really admitted any guilt in the Benghazi matter, calling it irrelevant and saying "what difference does it make?" That's why it's possible the IRS and reporter matters are a distraction to the other scandal.   :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

I've just come across this:

The Next Big IRS/Obama Scandal?
Posted on May 19, 2013 in Liberal Kryptonite
Red Statements blog

I don’t know if anyone is looking into it, but Obama has already tried to intimidate donors to the republican party.  He had planned to sign an executive order that would have required companies bidding for federal contracts to disclose to whom they contributed campaign cash to.  He backed away from that when republicans in the congress made a huge stink over the practice.  Or did he?  After all, if he couldn’t make them voluntarily give him that information, is there somewhere else he could have obtained it?  Like, oh, I don’t know, say, the IRS?

What a perfect way to punish a company for contributing to the enemy.  If the thought of disclosure scared them, they would halt all money going to the republicans, even if it was against their true beliefs.  And if they didn’t stop the contributions, they could simply dry up the well by denying them the contracts they need to survive.  Failing to do that by executive order, it would be a simple solution to get the IRS to search their returns and see where their money went.

Jay Carney, Liar 4 Hire, claimed that Obama wanted this information in the interest of transparency, so that voters could see where their money is going.  Now let me ask you a question.  Which is more likely?  That voters will ask their representatives to find out who the contractors or that Obama would use that information to deny republican donors contracts.  Hmmmm.  Tough one, eh?

Has it already happened and we just don’t know about it?  Consider this, in 2010, Microsoft won a government contract over Google.  But Google has a long history of making donations to democrats.  The bidding was declared unfair and gives Google a second chance to win the contract.  Then, Microsoft made a large contribution to Obama’s inauguration ceremony in 2012.  Coincidence?  Consider this, the worlds largest software company spent 5.7 million in lobbying and was awarded just 4.6 million in contracts.    After that donation to Obama, Microsoft was awarded a nearly 9 million dollar contract and another 36 million in email for the Virginia area and don’t forget the 617 million dollar contract.  So with just these 3 contracts, Microsoft increased their government contracts by 662 million (and there could be a lot more) which means after contributing to Obama, Microsoft saw an increase of over 657 million in one year from 4.6 million to 662 million.  Coincidence?

Will anyone look into this?  Doubtful, although I am sending this information to several sources both in politics and in the news.  maybe someone will attempt to connect the dots.  We may never know, but readers of Red Statements will.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org