Author Topic: IRS went after 83-year-old Tea Party granny  (Read 1428 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
IRS went after 83-year-old Tea Party granny
« on: May 21, 2013, 03:07:05 am »
Internal Revenue Service officials not only wanted a wide variety of information from the Albuquerque Tea Party's application for non-profit status, it also wanted to know what contacts it had with people from other political organizations too.

That included an 83-year-old great-grandmother who was once held in a World War II internment camp, New Mexico Watchdog has discovered.

"I've always paid my taxes and everything," Marianne Chiffelle told New Mexico Watchdog. "What I do think is, it doesn't surprise me...because of this government we have at the moment."

According to a review of documents conducted by the online news organization Politico, (in a story headlined "The IRS wants YOU -- to share everything"), the IRS asked the Albuquerque Tea Party about connections to other groups, including "Marianne Chiffelle's Breakfasts."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2530131#.UZrjhXdyyMk.twitter

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: IRS went after 83-year-old Tea Party granny
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 03:11:26 am »
"Don't cut me short," Chiffelle said. "I was a prisoner of war in the Second World War. If the Japanese couldn't kill me, no one else can. That's my philosophy. If something is unfair, I will fight to the death...Nothing upsets me. But I'll do something about it."

We need more Marianne Chiffelles.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams