Author Topic: Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13
« on: May 12, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »
Just an FYI.

I am not sure all these shows were cancelled. I believe "The Office" and "30 Rock", for example, called it quits on their own, but I may be wrong. In any case, here's a list of shows, as of 05/10, no longer to be seen.

Deception  (NBC): Cancelled.

Animal Practice (NBC): Put down.

Do No Harm  (NBC): Harmed.

30 Rock (NBC): Over.

Guys with Kids (NBC): You can’t believe how cancelled this is.

The Office (NBC): Closed.

Smash (NBC): Smushed.

Up All Night (NBC): Christina Applegate quit: This was cancelled … by its own star!

Whitney (NBC): Thankfully.

1600 Penn (NBC): Impeached.

Made in Jersey (CBS): Terminated.

Private Practice (ABC): Spin-off heaven.

Partners (CBS): Dumped

Ben & Kate (Fox): & Cancelled.

Vegas (CBS): Lost.

Go On (NBC): Get out.

Fringe (Fox): R.I.P.

Touch (Fox): Touchable.

The Job (CBS): What?

The Mob Doctor (Fox): Ha! That title. Yeah. Deceased.

Don’t Trust the B– in Apt. 23 (ABC): Speaking of: Did anyone really believe a comedy with “B—-” in the title was going to last?

666 Park Avenue (ABC): Hellbound.

Last Resort (ABC): Indeed.

Rules of Engagement (CBS): Broken.

Golden Boy (CBS): Tarnished.

CSI: NY (CBS): Two down, one to go.

Zero Hour (ABC): Zero something all right.

Emily Owens, M.D. (The CW): Crashed.

How to Live with Your Parents (ABC): Evicted.

Red Widow (ABC): Exterminated.

Body of Proof (ABC): D.O.A.

The New Normal (NBC): Or not.

Family Tools (ABC): Put away.

Malibu Country (ABC): Overthrown.

Happy Endings (ABC): Until this happened.

90210 (The CW): Finished.

Cult (The CW): Unfollowed.

UPDATES TO COME…. REFRESH FOR LATEST…

THESE ARE SOME SHOWS STILL ON BUBBLE OR FATE UNCONFIRMED:

Hannibal (NBC)
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Broadcast ax: Cancelled shows 2012-13
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:40 pm »
Two of my favs Body of Proof and Vegas were cancelled.  Both had good audiences, but not in that coveted 18- 49 age group...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline TheMom

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 10:29:11 pm »
Two of my favs Body of Proof and Vegas were cancelled.  Both had good audiences, but not in that coveted 18- 49 age group...

Never could get into Body of Proof.  L-O-V-E-D Vegas, sucks that it got cancelled.

Our daughter's boyfriend worked on Zero Hour, sucks for him that show is gone, but from I understand it was not that great.  (We always forgot to watch)

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:06 pm »
Never could get into Body of Proof.  L-O-V-E-D Vegas, sucks that it got cancelled.

Our daughter's boyfriend worked on Zero Hour, sucks for him that show is gone, but from I understand it was not that great.  (We always forgot to watch)

It took me a while to really get into Body of Proof, but now I watch it every week.  I, too LOVED Vegas and am very unhappy it has been cancelled.  Wish they would move this over to A&E.  Another one of my favorites Longmier has it's second season premier Memorial Day weekend.  Vegas would have been a good fit over there where they still do dramas.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline TheMom

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:53:13 pm »
It took me a while to really get into Body of Proof, but now I watch it every week.  I, too LOVED Vegas and am very unhappy it has been cancelled.  Wish they would move this over to A&E.  Another one of my favorites Longmier has it's second season premier Memorial Day weekend.  Vegas would have been a good fit over there where they still do dramas.

I do hope someone picks up Vegas ~ it really is a good show.  My husband & I like Longmier, but do joke that there sure are a lot of murders in that little town. 
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 10:57:54 pm »
Four words: Friday night death slot. It is very difficult to build an audience when nobody is at their television sets.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 11:09:23 pm »
Four words: Friday night death slot. It is very difficult to build an audience when nobody is at their television sets.

Yet Blue Bloods does well (another of my favs).. Vegas was doomed in their Tuesday time slot because every time it got a head of steam going it was per-empted by something in Washington, DC... Seemed every time I turned around they were per-empting it...  I actually liked it on Friday because Obama doesn't interrupt our viewing on Fridays........   Golden Boys (the replacement I didn't like at all and much preferred "Unforgotten" from last year over "Elementary" (which I didn't see on the cancelled list - but should be)... 666 Park Avenue was terrible, I think I watched it twice (UGH) looks like they kept Scandal......... not a shock, the star is the woman Michelle Obama is reportedly very jealous over....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 11:10:22 pm »
I read today FOX is bringing 24 back for 12 episodes - probably with Keifer Sutherland... one of the best series Fox has done to date IMHO.