Author Topic: Sheriffs Being Targeted By Secret Service  (Read 794 times)

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Sheriffs Being Targeted By Secret Service
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:09:26 am »
Sheriffs Being Targeted By Secret Service

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston-news-121300/sheriffs-being-targeted-by-secret-service-11175410/?fb_action_ids=10200964487253359&fb_action_types=og.recommends&action_object_map=%7B%2210200964487253359%22%3A171966456292612%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210200964487253359%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

Posted Thursday, April 11th 2013 @ 6am by By KTRH’s Cliff Saunders
It’s happened in Colorado, and Texas could be next. Our sheriff’s could be targeted for arrest by Secret Service agents.

A new law just passed in Colorado is giving the Secret Service the ability to arrest sheriffs for refusing to enforce new laws like tighter gun laws. Rumor is a similar thing could happen here in Texas, and that's why Representative Steve Toth has filed a bill called the Firearms Protection Act.

“This out of control federal government feels they can arbitrarily pass down a ruling that didn’t even come through executive order or the legislative process,” Toth told KTRH.

Toth says this is unacceptable.

“It sends the message that the Constitution of the United States is dead. It sends the message that the Constitution doesn’t mean anything anymore; that the Tenth Amendment, which is state’s rights, doesn’t mean anything anymore,” Toth explained.

Former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack sued the federal government over the Brady Act in 1994 and told KTRH that if the feds want a piece of the sheriff's, the sheriffs could fight back.

“If the Secret Service wants to try to get into that, you know what? The sheriffs can turn that around and arrest them,” Mack stated.

Mack tells KTRH that Washington is barking up the wrong tree here.

“You cannot force anyone in law enforcement how to enforce a law,” Mack said.

In addition to what could happen with the Secret Service, State Representative Yvonne Davis of Dallas has proposed a bill that would remove any sheriff who does not enforce federal law, another reason Toth has filed his bill.

This article is somewhat old, dated April 11th and I wonder how we missed it. I was made aware of it by comments on various SOF pages. Those guys are worried. 
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.