Author Topic: Goodbye to our friend Chip Gerdes [Tea Party Patriot]  (Read 859 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Goodbye to our friend Chip Gerdes [Tea Party Patriot]
« on: May 07, 2013, 12:28:17 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Goodbye to our friend Chip Gerdes [Tea Party Patriot]
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:32:23 AM »
http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2013/05/quincy-political-activist-chip-gerdes-dies-of-heart-attack.html

Monday, May 06, 2013
Quincy political activist Chip Gerdes dies of heart attack

Chip Gerdes, Quincy-based political activist and friend/co-activist with Andrew Breitbart, died of a sudden heart attack Monday. Gerdes was a behind-the-scenes activist in congressional and state campaigns in both Illinois and Missouri. He leaves behind a widow and child.

The word is passing on the web. Gateway Pundit writes about work with Gerdes HERE. Oceander Loesch HERE. UPDATE: Missouri Congresswoman Ann Wagner read a tribute on the floor of the U.S. House Monday.

Erick Erickson        ? @EWErickson

OMG, I just heard about @TookieW. I'm in shock. Oh how sad. Prayers for his family and loved ones.
8:50 AM - 6 May 2013

Tony Katz @tonykatz

@HatingBreitbart I feel sick. @TookieW

Robert Stacy McCain @rsmccain

@tonykatz Truly sad. @TookieW was beloved. Most people never heard of Chip, because he insisted on anonymity. R.I.P. @HatingBreitbart

Michelle Malkin        ? @michellemalkin

R.I.P.==> RT @FranEaton: RIP Quincy political activist Chip Gerdes dies of heart attack http://bit.ly/17HUZil  @TookieW #RIP
9:58 AM - 6 May 2013

EdMorrissey @EdMorrissey

In my prayers today RT @FranEaton: RIP Quincy political activist Chip Gerdes dies of heart attack http://bit.ly/17HUZil  @TookieW #RIP
9:31 AM - 6 May 2013

Joel Pollak @joelpollak

Quincy political activist Chip Gerdes dies of heart attack http://bit.ly/17HUZil  Very sad to lose a friend of @AndrewBreitbart and the team
10:07 AM - 6 May 2013

Adam Andrzejewski said...

God bless you,Chip. The man was a fighter with a big heart. He was extremely good to me- over delivered on every promise. A rare man in politics, he will be missed. Rest in peace
Reply Monday, May 06, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Ralph Sprovier said...

I had the pleasure of spilling more than one beer with Chip - Never has there been a bigger man who stood for our individual freedoms than he. His loud and voice-tress way made me feel like a Church mouse -hard to do! His large stature was only dwarfed by his passion for this country. Heaven just got a little louder - the Good Lord must of needed a warrior.
Reply Monday, May 06, 2013 at 04:07 PM

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »
Another premature death from a sudden heart attack... and this one isn't even high-profile. Beware, everyone. We are not safe.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
WTF?

Okay....we appreciate the nice biography about his work and contribution....but WHERE did it happen?

Was he home in bed?  Was he walking along the street coming from a restaurant....like Andrew?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 12:09:26 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 12:10:51 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 12:12:58 AM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 12:15:39 AM »