Author Topic: Say Bye-Bye to Gray Hair, Researchers Find Way to Reverse The Process  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Not that I need this, mind you, but it's nice to know the boys in the lab are coming up with some actually useful stuff.

What has become ubiquitous with age - gray hair - may soon become a thing of the past. Forget about trips to the hair salon, or buying box dye to cover up those roots, a team of European researchers say.

In a new research report published online in The FASEB Journal people who go gray develop massive oxidative stress via accumulation of hydrogen peroxide in the hair follicle, which causes hair to bleach itself from the inside out.

The report notes that the enormous accumulation of hydrogen peroxide can be cured with a proprietary treatment developed by the researchers described as a topical, ultraviolet B-activated -- sunlight -- compound PC-KUS, a modified pseudocatalase.

Darn pesky hydrogen peroxide, thank heaven for pseudocatalase, something I have always liked.

In addition to the cosmetic results, which I don't need btw, the really good news is that this product also works to cure vitiligo,  an embarrassing condition that causes de-pigmentation of sections of skin.

Unfortunately for those unlike me, The researchers did not specify when the treatment would become available for retail.

A bonus: go to the link and there is a swell picture of George Clooney, who apparently has lots of gray hair adopt very little brain.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/1745/20130503/bye-gray-hair-researchers-find-way-reverse.htm

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

Gray hair is like campaign bars on a soldier's uniform - a sign of experience that should command respect.

Offline mountaineer

Gray hair is like campaign bars on a soldier's uniform - a sign of experience that should command respect.
Only in men, alas (or so it seems).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

Except when it comes to trying to meet women.  They just see it as a sign of being old and not worth it.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

Except when it comes to trying to meet women.  They just see it as a sign of being old and not worth it.

Not if you are handsome or rich ~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

It all depends on how you carry yourself.  If you carry yourself like the grizzled veteran you are, you'll command more respect.  And respect - for those who care - can also be an aphrodisiac.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I already said bye-bye to my gray hair.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

I already said bye-bye to my gray hair.

Goin' nekkid?  Bald is even cooler.