Author Topic: All Powerful 'but' All Loving .. Really?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline mrclose

All Powerful 'but' All Loving .. Really?
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »
Doesn't seem to be a proper Religious category for this?

A question that probably only a JW will attempt to answer!? :beer:

With all of this horror about Dr Mengele (Gosnell) being reported, I have a serious question .. one that I hope isn't looked upon as blasphemous!
(I'm asking anyway)   :tongue2:

If I were all powerful, a little more than I am now, (sorry, couldn't resist) and I was also all knowing, loving etc. etc. .. HOW could I sit on my throne and just watch as innocent babies were being murdered?

Not only murdered but Some of them are TORN APART, limb by limb!

I don't have to say it (do I?) .. you know WHO I am talking about!?

If a 'slightly' imperfect person .. such as myself had all the power .. NO baby would EVER be murdered or worse .. torn limb from limb!

How's He Do It?
(sit and watch)

PLEASE don't give me the Free Choice line!
Those babies Have or Had No Free Choice!

Maybe this is one of the reasons that people are 'skeptical' of an all powerful, all knowing, all loving Deity?

I dunno .. Just crankily upset on what our country (and it's people) have become!

(I will now return to my witty ways of posting really important and insightful topics .. for everyone to enjoy!)  :laugh:

Online mountaineer

Re: All Powerful 'but' All Loving .. Really?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
One might also read and ponder the lessons in the Book of Job.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 06:19:36 PM »
We can speculate what we would do if we were God, but then, would we think we are smarter or better? We don't know many things, but all things will be revealed to us upon our deaths. And, it will make sense. Even the best Christians among us will get gentle awakenings in Heaven, when they find out they were wrong about so many things. Knowledge will be another reward we get in Heaven.

I don't fret why God allowed the killing of these babies, and think God's focus was on the murderer and not the murdered. He is caring for those babies now. What better way, however ugly,  to demonstrate that babies are humans and not just a bunch of cells. The horrow of what Gosnell did will be with millions for a life time. Imagine how many babies will be saved because of the Butcher of Philadelphia. Gosnell won't get off easy, no matter what the jury decides. His judgment will come from the all-knowing, all-seeing Heavenly Father.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
I like your post happyg.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »
I like your post happyg.

Thank you, Rap. I generally don't get on religious threads or discuss my religion, but this time, I saw the hurt and anger in mrclose, and thought he needed a reminder. I cried when I saw the pictures of those babies, and had the same anger as anyone. However, Gosnell's evil was revealed for a reason, and many pro choice people had a change of heart about killing babies, inside or outside the womb. I lose faith a lot, and spend a lot of time seeking redemption, but in my heart, I know how much God especially loves the children, so takes special care of them in a much better place.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:07:53 PM »
As a child, I had a similar question - why did God create the devil?

I think God has a higher purpose for us than can be discerned by us here on this mortal earth.  We have this thing "human nature", which has challenged us from the beginning in the Garden of Eden.  Why did he make us this way? 

I think he has a plan for us in his heavenly kingdom - and he is culling the herd, so to speak.  We know those innocent babies are in a better place now and in God's infinite wisdom - however hard it is for us to understand - this is all part of the plan. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 07:24:30 PM »
I have done a lot of reading since my husband passed that has given me much greater understanding of life and our role here on earth.   I am outraged about Gosnell, I cried when I read the stories and viewed the pictures of those babies; I do believe it was all part of a greater plan to wake up the millions who have looked the other way re abortion...  as hard as it is to wrap our heads around all this evil....  I think we are supposed to learn from it.. I hope we are.  Anger over it is good... we need more people to be angry about these atrocities. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:46 PM »
Here is my thinking on the topic.

To put it bluntly, it is His universe. He can do whatever he wants with it. That is basically the lesson I got out of Job. He does not have to necessarily be all-loving if he does not want to be. Even if He were pure evil, there could be nothing we could do about it.

Given the biblical record, it has been my observation that God only directly intervenes in a situation when it is bound to make a long-lasting, direct influence. God does not stop evil just to maintain a status quo.

It may not be the most pleasant answer, but it's the impression I get.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 04:32:44 AM »
Thank you, Rap. I generally don't get on religious threads or discuss my religion, but this time, I saw the hurt and anger in mrclose, and thought he needed a reminder. I cried when I saw the pictures of those babies, and had the same anger as anyone. However, Gosnell's evil was revealed for a reason, and many pro choice people had a change of heart about killing babies, inside or outside the womb. I lose faith a lot, and spend a lot of time seeking redemption, but in my heart, I know how much God especially loves the children, so takes special care of them in a much better place.
Thank You for your understanding happyg.

Grown Men 'Do' Cry!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf