Author Topic: NYT: Real Unemployment at 21.9 Million  (Read 1807 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT: Real Unemployment at 21.9 Million
« on: May 04, 2013, 03:26:51 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/05/03/NYT-Real-Unemployment-Total-21-9-Million

by Wynton Hall 3 May 2013

On Friday, President Barack Obama’s Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers Alan B. Krueger took a victory lap of sorts after the Labor Department’s jobs report showed the U.S. added 165,000 nonfarm payroll jobs in April.

“Today’s employment report provides further evidence that the U.S. economy is continuing to recover,” said Krueger.

But behind Friday’s Labor Department figures lies a stark economic reality: America remains in a downward jobs spiral.

Consider the following: according to the Labor Department, the U.S. added 165,000 jobs in April, but to return to pre-recession employment levels, the U.S. would need to add 208,000 jobs a month over seven years.

The government officially recognizes 11.7 million individuals as being unemployed. But as the New York Times notes, including “those who are underemployed—that is, adding in those workers who are part-time but want to be employed full time, and workers who want to work but are not looking—brings the total up to 21.9 million."

Since President Barack Obama took office, 9.5 million Americans have fallen out of the U.S. workforce.  Today, 89,936,000 people living in the U.S. no longer work.

That means America is trapped in the slowest job market recovery since World War II.

As New York Times economic reporter Binyamin Appelbaum concludes, “the United States economy is not getting any closer to recreating the jobs lost during the recession.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: NYT: Real Unemployment at 21.9 Million
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:39 pm »
This is being reported by the NY Times? 

What happened overnight?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »
This is being reported by the NY Times? 

What happened overnight?

Indeed!  I'm scared. :pondering:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:19 pm »
Paul Krugman and Tom Freidman unavailable for comment.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »
Paul Krugman and Tom Freidman unavailable for comment.

They didn't get their monthly payola envelopes early enough.

Besides, this is most likely the NYT trying to tee up the next fascist, I mean democrat party, candidate by setting the stage to look a little less rosy so the next fascist, I mean democrat party, candidate can run on a platform of "we've brought to this far, give us another shot and we can get you the rest of the way."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:37:58 pm by Oceander »