Author Topic: 9.5 Million People Have Left the Workforce Under Obama  (Read 2638 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
9.5 Million People Have Left the Workforce Under Obama
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:33:28 pm »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/95-million-people-have-left-workforce-under-obama

9.5 Million People Have Left the Workforce Under Obama
May 3, 2013
By Elizabeth Harrington

(CNSNews.com) – 9.5 million Americans have left the workforce during the presidency of Barack Obama, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In April, the total number of Americans counted as "not in the labor force" declined for the first time since December, but that number was still near a record high at 89,936,000.

Those not in the labor force declined by 31,000, from a record high of 89,967,000 in March.  That broke the recent record of 89,304,000 not in the labor force in February of this year.

Since February 2009, the first full month of Obama’s presidency, 9,549,000 people have left the labor force.  There were 80,387,000 Americans not working that month, compared with 89,936,000 not working or looking today, according to the latest economic release from BLS.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) labels people who are unemployed and no longer looking for work as “not in the labor force,”and that includes people who have retired on schedule, taken early retirement, or simply given up looking for work.

In the 50 months since Obama has been in office, the number of people counted as not in the labor force has declined 16 times.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: 9.5 Million People Have Left the Workforce Under Obama
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:59 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:42:06 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »
Thanks, Bigun.  Good info
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:08 pm »

It is excellent info that will never see the light of day. The Obama subservient media is crowing about the decline in the unemployment rate (by an astounding .1%) and telling the world things are starting to turn around. However, what they are not telling anyone is that current job growth is only barely keeping up with population growth and the total measure of unemployed (U6) has gone up.

All smoke and mirrors, my friends, all smoke and mirrors.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:50 pm »
But but but to hear shep smith tell the story  Everything is coming up roses.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 12:03:48 am »
But but but to hear shep smith tell the story  Everything is coming up roses.

About where I changed channels... I truly cannot stand Shep Smith!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 03:07:38 am »

It is excellent info that will never see the light of day. The Obama subservient media is crowing about the decline in the unemployment rate (by an astounding .1%) and telling the world things are starting to turn around. However, what they are not telling anyone is that current job growth is only barely keeping up with population growth and the total measure of unemployed (U6) has gone up.

All smoke and mirrors, my friends, all smoke and mirrors.

Which is why WE have to promulgate it! I've posted it to FB and Twitter as well as other places and my hope is that my friends will do the same!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 03:16:54 am »
Which is why WE have to promulgate it! I've posted it to FB and Twitter as well as other places and my hope is that my friends will do the same!

I have to admit I am challenged when it comes to posting graphics on Facebook.. Do I have to save to photobucket and then to Facebook?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 03:24:58 am »
I have to admit I am challenged when it comes to posting graphics on Facebook.. Do I have to save to photobucket and then to Facebook?

No but I have found that the quality of the image will be much better if you save it to your own desktop and then upload to FB!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:21 am »
No but I have found that the quality of the image will be much better if you save it to your own desktop and then upload to FB!

It's what I figured.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 05:36:40 am »
Steve Forbes on Greta.. we haven't had so few unemployed for so long since 1979.   :pondering: :pondering: hmm who was President in 1979??? :pondering: :pondering:

Offline Rodrigo

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 01:29:30 am »
Can't be!  The stock market is WAY UP!  Here is a blast from the past!