Author Topic: Pentagon Defends Unconstitutional Policy Against Soldiers Sharing Faith  (Read 800 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline GourmetDan

Instead, it looks like the Obama-Hagel administration was caught red-handed contemplating policies that violate the rights of American service members, and they are literally attempting to rewrite the dictionary through a press release to offer a disingenuous explanation of why things are not as disturbing as they appear.

More official 'stupidity' or deliberate malice toward Americans?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rapunzel

Last night Greta was one of the Fox pundits covering this and she had her twitter feed running along the bottom of the screen... this did not go over well with the general twitterer.

Online mountaineer

I'd like to see musiclady's take on this. As I recall, when her son served in Iraq, he engaged in actions that now might subject him to court martial.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline GourmetDan

Last night Greta was one of the Fox pundits covering this and she had her twitter feed running along the bottom of the screen... this did not go over well with the general twitterer.

I'm sure it didn't, but when did general public opinion mean anything to our government?

It's not like they are there to do what we want anyway...  /s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
What about the rights of a soldier to not be subjected to evangelizing and/or proselytizing? Does he have that right?

For instance should a Mormon be subjected to Free Republic style hostility to his faith?

Should a moderate Protestant, be subjected to evangelizing by hardcore evangelicals? A Jew? An aetheist?

How many times would the soldier need to reject the attempts, before it would be considered unreasonable?

The military needs to consider the "rights" of all members of their services, not just those who are most aggressive in claiming to have "rights."

Online DCPatriot

As I said in other threads, there has been a tremendous number of African-Americans in the military that practice Islam and have taken Islamic names.

It's running through the prison system too.

Maybe they're trying to squelch this....and because of rabid political correctness, have to include EVERY religion....Christian, Jew, Buddhist and Muslim?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

This government trying to squelch conversion to Islam????????   :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf