Author Topic: Cleveland-area woman finds ghostly couple in cellphone photo  (Read 8807 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Cleveland-area woman finds ghostly couple in cellphone photo
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 04:54:49 am »
I don't think you're crazy.  I think we are surrounded by things we cannot see.  What you were saying about losing the ability to discern these things as we age is very true.  We get hardened to the idea of "that can't possibly happen".  I always use the example that - like children - animals can see things we can't.  I can't tell you how many times I've had one of my cats in my lap & we are just cuddling and petting - having a loving moment - and suddenly the cat will look over my shoulder, eyes getting wide - looking at something!  Of course, I don't see anything - but they do. 

I think it's wonderful that your husband "checks" on you.  That is an extraordinary love story. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 05:23:30 am »
I don't think you're crazy.  I think we are surrounded by things we cannot see.  What you were saying about losing the ability to discern these things as we age is very true.  We get hardened to the idea of "that can't possibly happen".  I always use the example that - like children - animals can see things we can't.  I can't tell you how many times I've had one of my cats in my lap & we are just cuddling and petting - having a loving moment - and suddenly the cat will look over my shoulder, eyes getting wide - looking at something!  Of course, I don't see anything - but they do. 

I think it's wonderful that your husband "checks" on you.  That is an extraordinary love story.

My dogs always know when he is around.  When he first died the one that was his "baby" took to going out in a corner where the house and the gate out of the back yard meet and sit looking up at the roof.  It went on for a couple of months... I'd open the door and she would race out into the yard, run over to that spot and promptly sit and refuse to move, I'd have to go carry her back into the house....  they all three became obsessed with going into the shower.. strangest thing imaginable, they would go in and stand and wait and wait for me to open the slider and then each would take a turn walking in going around the perimeter and looking upward and then come out and the next would go in......  they would also be laying at the end of the bed asleep and suddenly sit up and start barking at "nothing"..... so... yep they are active...

Reminds me.. when our Sandy died  - she had been my husbands baby (I sprinkled her ashes with his ashes at the same time) I was in here working and my husband was in the bedroom across the house watching TV with the other dogs in with him.. I heard this racket in the guest bathroom (just on the other side of the wall from my office desk)  and walked in the bathroom to find the trash can turned over and her ball sitting by the trash can..  I told George - Sandy just stopped by ~LOL~  (he rolled his eyes at me).....  that dog was OBSESSED with her tennis ball...  and you could not switch the ball on her.  One time she left it on a beach out on the lake.  We got home and realized her ball was missing.. we figured out where it was.  The next day my husband said "we have to go out on the lake again today -- WHY -- have to get Sandy's ball......  so we went out and when we got to the beach there was a boat and campers there.  George crept in with the boat and called out that our dog had left her tennis ball there the day before and would they mind if we let her off the boat to find it -- they reached down and said "is this the ball?"  ~LOL~ you would have thought we found that dog's long lost best friend...   that she left her tennis ball by the trash can in the bathroom my husband used was no surprise to me...  he and that dog really loved one-another...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 05:25:10 am »
Alice have you ever set a tape recorder in your shop to run at night when no one is there???
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 06:02:05 am »
Alice have you ever set a tape recorder in your shop to run at night when no one is there???

No, but the paranormal group does that.  She told me that they did that in a building down the street from us - it used to be an antique shop, but is empty now.  That building has tile floors and she said that her group set up their equipment one night - they were all wearing soft soled shoes.  The next morning when they listening to the tape recorder - they could hear the sound of someone walking across the floor, sounded like they were wearing high heels.

I did have something happen in the middle of the night once - a large framed picture of Napolean on a horse in a big fancy gold frame was hanging on a big hook on a pegboard wall.  When I opened the shop one morning, that picture was on the floor leaned against the pegboard.  I thought the wire had broken on the picture, but it was fine.  The hook was still up on the pegboard.  Well, I thought a customer must have taken it down before closing the shop the day before.

But I thought, "I'll check the video tape" - as we happened to have a security camera aimed right at that space.  I reviewed the tape & saw the picture hanging on the wall right before I closed.  The tape showed the lights going out in the building before I turned the camera off & left the building for the night - it clearly showed that the picture was hanging on the wall when I left that night.  By the next morning, it had picked itself up off of a large hook and set itself gently down on the floor, by itself.   

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2013, 06:25:49 am »
That IS interesting.  How soon are they going to come in and do their thing in your shop? 

BTW the story about your mirror is not unusual - they had a similar story on the BIO Paranormal show a couple of months ago.  They re-run these, the next time they re-show it I'll pay closer attention and tell you exactly what happened, but it was pretty detailed.

BTW did you know the house Loretta Lynn lives in on the farm in TN is haunted?  She had the Paranormal people there - she, her husband and all their kids have seen the ghosts-- it has to do with the Civil War and a woman who had a baby and it died right away (husband was away fighting the war)  and the woman was so grief-stricken she died the next day.  The husband never got over it and they are all buried on the farm... and are the ghosts in her house.  One of her daughters said it used to freak her out, she would wake and the guy dressed in his Civil War Uniform would be standing at the foot of the bed in the middle of the night...

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:49:56 am by Rapunzel »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2013, 06:27:40 am »
Here is the Loretta Lynn story with video

http://www.lorettalynn.com/50/?p=1300

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:38 pm »
Thank you both for the pictures!

There are a lot of strange things out there. Most people know this and keep a file in their mind marked "Weird stuff." I think Alice is right - we have a lot of antiques, I restore them in my spare time - and some of them definitely bring along hitch hikers when they come here. The funniest one is the drinking one. If you leave a drink unfinished and go to bed, when you come downstairs in the morning the glass will be empty. Doesn't matter what it is - soda, wine, water, tea - all get finished.

The one that everyone sees in our house though is the cat. Family, guests, friends have all seen a jet black short haired cat with a tiny white starburst on it's chest walking into the dining room and disappearing under the chaise. These sightings have been going on for 20 years now - long before we actually had a cat and they all agree on the description. Our neighbor across the road used to visit the previous owner of our house regularly and has confirmed that it was her cat. Even showed us a picture of it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 12:53:09 pm »
Here's a picture of the antique mall, plenty of ghost material there. 

Alice, where is that?  That's a lovely interior.  Back in the early 90's, I used to share an antique booth with a friend.  It was fun, but a lot of work along with my already-full time job.  I was 20 years younger and had a lot more energy.   ^-^

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 01:04:46 pm »
Alice, where is that?  That's a lovely interior.  Back in the early 90's, I used to share an antique booth with a friend.  It was fun, but a lot of work along with my already-full time job.  I was 20 years younger and had a lot more energy.   ^-^

Thanks Lipstick.  Our mall is located in Huntington, West Virginia.  I know what you mean - I've been an antique dealer for 26 years now - getting to old to carry all the furniture we used to carry.  I've got a bad back now because of it.  Now, I do smaller stuff.  But I've had loads of fun.  Now, I'm going into semi-retirement mode - my parents are ill and the mall is too time consuming for me.  We'll probably sell the place soon. 

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 01:21:01 pm »

One thing on the East Coast I think you probably get a lot more than we do out here with all the newer building -- ya'll have 200 + year-old houses. 

I wonder if places like Tombstone have haunted buildings?

Okay, speaking of older buildings, I have an interesting story that a friend shared a few years back.  He is in his late 70's now, and is an AF vet.  At one point, he was stationed over in England in the early 60's.  He was at a friend's flat, and a bunch of them were sitting around talking/eating.  He excused himself to go down to his car and fetch some beer that he brought to bring back upstairs.  As he was doing this, he noticed a little leprechaun-like ghost figure, dancing and giggling his way down the sidewalk right next to his car!

At the time he was relaying this story, I was not as cognizant of anything spiritual as I am now.  All I can say is that this man is quite sane, and not at all an attention seeker or a fibber/exagerator.   I didn't think a lot of it at the time, just filed it away as an interesting story.

The kicker--years later (after my husband died) I was reading some spiritual book, and the author mentioned that it is not unusual, over in Europe, to spot spirits resembling fairy-like creatures, there are many documented accounts of this.

Oceander

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 02:08:28 pm »
With all due respect, I don't think that photograph is authentic.  First, the figure's position seems to bear no relationship to the fence itself.  In the other photographs the apparent figures are, e.g., standing at a window; in this photograph the figure is inconsistent with the notion that it's standing next to a fence and not simply posing in an open space.  Also, there isn't any proper perspective to the figure.  Second, if that's a real person's spirit actually standing next to a chain link fence, then he sure was a shorty; if you use the figures in the background of the first image to gauge the height of the fence, then - assuming that the individual closer to the fence is of approximately average height, say 5'6" to 5'8" for a teenage male - the fence is almost certainly a six-foot high chain link fence - chain link fencing tends to come in standard heights, with the relevant heights here being 5', 6', or 7'.

Since the apparent spirit figure is supposed to be standing right next to, and behind, the fence, if you draw a straight line from the toe nearest the fence upward, and a horizontal line that just touches the top of the figure's head, then - using the 6- high fence as a benchmark - that individual would be less than 5 feet tall.  There are certainly men who are less than five feet tall in this world, but the odds of any given man, particularly a white male in the US from the 1970s (based on the clothing), being less than 5 feet tall are not that good.

Third, if you invert the image's colors, you get an interesting result - there's a shadow just behind the figure, just behind the figure's right shoulder.  That suggests to me that someone took a photograph of a real, living, person standing in front of a white or light-colored wall, with that person lit from in front, attempted to remove the background wall by, e.g., using GIMP or photoshop to make the colors in the background transparent; when you do that it generally looks as though the background has disappeared, but there are almost always left-over pixels because the transparency function applies to the specific color chosen by the user, it doesn't fuzz itself over a range of adjacent colors automatically.  In order to make the background fully transparent you have to go back over the image very carefully to scrub the "transparent" area of all remaining pixels.

Given those items - things that a rank amateur such as myself managed to spot - I really don't think this is really a photograph of a spirit.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 06:03:21 pm »

At the time he was relaying this story, I was not as cognizant of anything spiritual as I am now.  All I can say is that this man is quite sane, and not at all an attention seeker or a fibber/exagerator.   I didn't think a lot of it at the time, just filed it away as an interesting story.

The kicker--years later (after my husband died) I was reading some spiritual book, and the author mentioned that it is not unusual, over in Europe, to spot spirits resembling fairy-like creatures, there are many documented accounts of this.

When I got to "over in Europe" in your story my first thought was fairies.  I have read in New England as well as England and a few other areas in Europe there has been common sightings of Fairies as well as Brownies.....   I have a friend here in town who does not believe in any of these things, she said when they first moved into their new house she kept being awakened during the night by "chatter" in her living room.    She would go in there and nothing was there.  She finally grew used to the chatter and ignored it, but it continues to this day off and on....  I have wondered if there is something that happened on the land their house is built on.  When the West was being settled there was a lot of Indians here as well as settlers, etc... 

EC interesting story about the cat.  Guess you have one you don't have to feed or clean a litter box ~LOL~

Oceander - don't know if the original picture to this thread is real or fake, I do know my picture is real and not manipulated in any way, shape or form.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:07:16 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 07:10:09 pm »
Y'all want to read a truly scary book about ghosts and things that go bump in the night? Try The Black Hope Horror: The True Story of a Haunting

"An account of the haunting of a home describes how Ben and Jean Williams experienced bizarre events--strange markings carved on a tree's trunk, ants, snakes, haywire appliances, and mysterious illnesses--in their new house in Texas"

For those familiar with the Houston area, the story, said to be true, took place in the Crosby-Huffman area. Spooky stuff and a very good read. Hard to put down. 4 and 1/2 stars on Amazon._
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2013, 07:15:13 pm »
I was in a little Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. Didn't know the place but I was hungry. The waitress comes over and without looking at the menu I said, I'll have your best lasagna.

She said, We don't have lasagna here sir, what else would you like? As I started to respond, the other waitress overhearing the whole thing says, I just saw a lasagna on the out board, and its not mine. My waitress says, Alright? I'll get it for you.

She brought me the lasagna and it was the best I have ever had in my life. It was fantastic. I paid the bill and left but couldn't forget how good it was.

After a couple of weeks I go back to the restaurant. I noticed that the waitresses were different. When the waitress comes over to the table, of course, I order the lasagna. She immediately got a strange look on her face, and looked down. She says, We do not serve lasagna here anymore, not for seven years, not since 'the incident'.

I said, You must be mistaken, I had lasagna here only two weeks ago. She gasps and says, Are you sure it was here? I said, Yes, of course. What is going on?

She said, Seven years ago our chef worked all day on the perfect lasagna. He gave it the perfect wine, the perfectly aged cheeses, the perfect sauce and handmade pasta. Finally, he was finished. He was so happy.

As the waitress was carrying it out she tripped on something and the lasagna went tumbling, plummeting to the floor. We tried to save it, but it was unrecoverable. It was gone. There was sauce everywhere, on the walls and tables, on the people, all over the floor. We cleaned up the mess, but you can still see marinara stain on the hardwood floor. It will not come out no matter what we do. Sometimes, late at night, you can still smell the perfect wine, and the perfect cheese of the perfect lasagna.

She went on, Sometimes the lasagna, it comes back. We find it in the kitchen but we do not touch it or serve it. It just goes away by itself. It is a ghost lasagna.

I had eaten the ghost lasagna, and it was the best I ever had. I hope that by the waitress serving it, and me eating it, that beautiful lasagna can now, finally, rest in peace.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:19:06 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2013, 07:24:45 pm »
That is a great story, 240B. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2013, 07:32:10 pm »
It does kind of make you crave lasagna, doesn't it?  :chairbang:   LoL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2013, 07:34:36 pm »
When I got to "over in Europe" in your story my first thought was fairies.  I have read in New England as well as England and a few other areas in Europe there has been common sightings of Fairies as well as Brownies..... 

I remembered the name of the book I picked up that bit of information:   Afterlife Encounters: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Experiences by Diane Arcangel.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2013, 09:59:48 pm »
I was in a little Italian restaurant in Cincinnati. Didn't know the place but I was hungry. The waitress comes over and without looking at the menu I said, I'll have your best lasagna.

She said, We don't have lasagna here sir, what else would you like? As I started to respond, the other waitress overhearing the whole thing says, I just saw a lasagna on the out board, and its not mine. My waitress says, Alright? I'll get it for you.

She brought me the lasagna and it was the best I have ever had in my life. It was fantastic. I paid the bill and left but couldn't forget how good it was.

After a couple of weeks I go back to the restaurant. I noticed that the waitresses were different. When the waitress comes over to the table, of course, I order the lasagna. She immediately got a strange look on her face, and looked down. She says, We do not serve lasagna here anymore, not for seven years, not since 'the incident'.

I said, You must be mistaken, I had lasagna here only two weeks ago. She gasps and says, Are you sure it was here? I said, Yes, of course. What is going on?

She said, Seven years ago our chef worked all day on the perfect lasagna. He gave it the perfect wine, the perfectly aged cheeses, the perfect sauce and handmade pasta. Finally, he was finished. He was so happy.

As the waitress was carrying it out she tripped on something and the lasagna went tumbling, plummeting to the floor. We tried to save it, but it was unrecoverable. It was gone. There was sauce everywhere, on the walls and tables, on the people, all over the floor. We cleaned up the mess, but you can still see marinara stain on the hardwood floor. It will not come out no matter what we do. Sometimes, late at night, you can still smell the perfect wine, and the perfect cheese of the perfect lasagna.

She went on, Sometimes the lasagna, it comes back. We find it in the kitchen but we do not touch it or serve it. It just goes away by itself. It is a ghost lasagna.

I had eaten the ghost lasagna, and it was the best I ever had. I hope that by the waitress serving it, and me eating it, that beautiful lasagna can now, finally, rest in peace.

Now, THAT'S a story!    :howlin:    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:00 am »

I did have something happen in the middle of the night once - a large framed picture of Napolean on a horse in a big fancy gold frame was hanging on a big hook on a pegboard wall.  When I opened the shop one morning, that picture was on the floor leaned against the pegboard.  I thought the wire had broken on the picture, but it was fine.  The hook was still up on the pegboard.  Well, I thought a customer must have taken it down before closing the shop the day before.

But I thought, "I'll check the video tape" - as we happened to have a security camera aimed right at that space.  I reviewed the tape & saw the picture hanging on the wall right before I closed.  The tape showed the lights going out in the building before I turned the camera off & left the building for the night - it clearly showed that the picture was hanging on the wall when I left that night.  By the next morning, it had picked itself up off of a large hook and set itself gently down on the floor, by itself.

Okay I have one for you, Alice.  I have been reading Hello from Heaven.  There is a section in the middle of the book on moving object.  So I'm reading it last night and there is a story about two sisters - their mother died and they went with one of the sisters husbands to her house to start cleaning it out..... the husband stayed downstairs and the two sisters went to her bedroom to start going through things..... Their mother had this old antique (heavy) mirror hanging over the dresser.  They were standing in the middle of her room when all of a sudden this mirror literally lifted off the wall .... flew over their heads and landed flat on the carpet.  Did not break.  The sisters were both astonished and speechless at what took place and both asked the other what the heck  and then took off running down the stairs screaming where they told the husband what took place. He, of course, thought it was a broken wire or something and they went up to examine the mirror. What he found was the hanger was very strong, sturdy and unbroken.....  then he looked and the hangers in the wall were intact, and in studs in the walls...

Another story about moving objects was a married couple who had two ceramic dogs the wife kept in her window in the kitchen. Everyone knew if they were getting along or fighting because if they were getting along the two dogs were close to one another in a kissing position... when fighting they were on the opposite side of the window from one another.  The husband died of cancer and one day not long after the wife walks in the kitchen and one of the dogs (his dog) was laying on it's side.. She figured something jiggled it and it fell over so she put it back in the kissing position and the next morning she walked in the kitchen and the dog was turned totally around with it's back to the other dog...... she knew then it was not her imagination or something jiggling it...

Then there is the story of the woman who got a call from her deceased mother -- only thing is the phone company was working on phone lines in the street and her phone was not connected to anything.  Yet it rang and when she answered there was this whoosing sound on the line and then a short message in her mothers voice and then whoosh and then it went dead.. she went out and asked the workmen if they had fixed her phone and they showed her the wires -- nope still cut.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2013, 06:50:35 am »
Well Heck .. This has become a really fun thread!

Almost like reading a Koontz novel or maybe King, Hitchcock ...  :beer:
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2013, 12:21:25 pm »
Rap, that story about the mirror...reverberates with me.  Would make an interesting TV series - investigating these types of stories.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 06:30:26 pm »
Rap, that story about the mirror...reverberates with me.  Would make an interesting TV series - investigating these types of stories.

I think you would find Hello from Heaven an interesting read.  Tons of great stories. The author said when he asked people to submit their experiences he figured they might get a "few" but he turned out being blown away by the sheer number of submissions from all over the world.  They only included experiences that were personal experiences and nothing from psychics or mediums.  There is an interesting interview with the author here - which is what led to me ordering the book there is a long youtube video at this link.

http://www.afterlifetv.com/2012/08/22/hello-from-heaven-the-12-types-of-after-death-communication-with-bill-guggenheim/

Offline ladybug

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »
I wonder if Democrats see these things too. Hmmmmm. LOL.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:07 pm »
I wonder if Democrats see these things too. Hmmmmm. LOL.
Democrats see dead people all the time ... at the polling place.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:23 pm »
Democrats see dead people all the time ... at the polling place.

Sometimes the same dead person "appears" three or four times in the same day at different polling places/