Author Topic: J.C. Penney ad apologizes to customers  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

J.C. Penney ad apologizes to customers
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:34:22 pm »
NEW YORK — J.C. Penney is sorry and it wants your business back.

That's the gist of its latest ad, a public "mea culpa" which the mid-priced department-store put on its YouTube and Facebook pages.

The ad, titled "It's no secret," shows shots of women working, playing with their children and doing other everyday activities.

"Recently J.C. Penney changed," a voiceover states. "Some changes you liked, and some you didn't. But what matters with mistakes is what we learn. We learned a very simple thing, to listen to you."

The ad comes after the Plano, Texas-based company earlier this month fired its CEO, Ron Johnson, after 17 months on the job and rehired his predecessor Mike Ullman

Johnson's ambitious changes included getting rid of most sales and bringing in new, hip brands. The strategy was designed to attract younger, wealthier shoppers in a bid to reinvent the stodgy retailer, but it alienated Penney's loyal customers and caused sales to plummet.

The ad acknowledges the missteps and asks customers to return to its stores.

"Come back to J.C. Penney. We heard you, now we'd love to see you," the voice-over states.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/05/01/2378233/jc-penney-ad-apologizes-to-customers.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: J.C. Penney ad apologizes to customers
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:47 pm »
I was in a couple of weeks before they fired Johnson -- he RUINED our local store... and I swore not to return.  There was a time I had to pick and choose what I wanted because there was so much to choose from, this time there was nothing that was worth my time or money... even the shoe department was changed and totally sucked.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:41:21 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:51:05 pm »
I never stopped going to JCP because my hairdresser works in their salon, but it wasn't until recently that I considered looking at their clothing. Just got Mr. M a nice pair of golf shorts.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:15 pm »
Get that filthy weasel Soros out of your ownership and maybe I'll consider it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024