Author Topic: Actor Who Played Jesus Was ‘Haunted’ by This Scene From ‘The Bible’  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/24/actor-who-played-jesus-was-haunted-by-this-scene-from-the-bible/

Actor Who Played Jesus Was ‘Haunted’ by This Scene From ‘The Bible’
Apr. 24, 2013 5:15pm Billy Hallowell

Diogo Morgado’s iconic role as Jesus Christ in History’s Channel’s “The Bible” was certainly riveting.

And in a sit-down interview with Oprah recently, the actor spoke candidly about the crucifixion scene, telling the talk show host and media mogul that it was an emotionally-stirring experience.

Morgado recounted the intense feelings he experienced as the dramatic depiction — naturally, the most important part of the New Testament — was reenacted over a three-day filming period.

“I was haunted by that scene, obviously,” he told Oprah when she asked him about the experience. “I was seeing that coming every second of the way.”

Morgado went on to say that he remembers seeing his entire life flashing before him, while filming the memorable scene.

“On that cross, I can tell you that I remember one thing,” the actor continued. “I remember that I was on the cross and I saw all my life just flashing in front of my eyes…it was this overwhelming feeling that every, small, single second of my life was leading up to that moment — and that was just huge for me.”

Filming this portion of “The Bible” showed Morgado just a sliver of what he believes Jesus experienced during the crucifixion.

“Just imagining that that was just a single fraction of a second of what Jesus did for us, it’s…pure unconditional love,” he said.

Watch the clip:

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/oprahs-next-chapter.html

Go to the OWN website for more information about Oprah’s “The Bible” episode. And for more about the series’ feature film adaptation, read TheBlaze’s previous coverage.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776