General Category > Science, Technology and Knowledge

Senator: NASA to lasso asteroid, bring it closer

<< < (2/3) > >>

PzLdr:
Who's gonna dig up our fossils?  :pondering:

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: PzLdr on April 07, 2013, 02:02:06 pm ---Who's gonna dig up our fossils?  :pondering:

--- End quote ---

The bugs......... they were the only thing to survive the last extinction on this planet.

evadR:

--- Quote from: Rapunzel on April 07, 2013, 04:58:19 pm ---The bugs......... they were the only thing to survive the last extinction on this planet.

--- End quote ---
hmmm...I think the rodents might have made it.

Rapunzel:

--- Quote from: evadRĀ² on April 07, 2013, 06:36:55 pm ---hmmm...I think the rodents might have made it.

--- End quote ---

If you watched the First Apocalypse program on H2 yesterday they said that one single rat can have 15,000 offspring/grandchildren, etc., in ONE YEAR......... think about that New Yorkers where rats abound..... and yes, they said that which was able to live underground and those which were the most prolific breeders mostly survived.. in contrast the largest mammals which have long gestation times - not so much.  The other thing that was fascinating was the discussion about when the landbridge allowed mammals to migrate from one continent to the other they carried new pathogens with them which their new hosts had not been exposed to, causing the unexposed hosts to fall ill and many died as a result.. Reminded me of how the American Indians fell ill when the European settlers came to this continent.

Oceander:
This sounds like an enormously stupid waste of money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version