Author Topic: Can the Egg McMuffin save McDonald's?  (Read 5033 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Can the Egg McMuffin save McDonald's?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »
I go to McDonald's for coffee.

Likewise. I like Big Macs but don't get them very often. McD's coffee, though, I will get if I am out and want a cup. Inexpensive and it tastes good (though I think I have the taste buds of a goat).
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »
I miss Whataburgers too.  I miss Schlotzkty's more though.

We have one here.. opened a few years ago... I guess for the snowbirds.. I have tried their sandwiches a few times, but have been underwhelmed overall.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 06:21:10 pm »
I never heard of Whataburger or any of the burgers you guys are talking about, except McDonalds. We have a Kewpie Burger, that is good, but nothing like I've seen in big cities. And, there is Happy Daz, an old fashioned drive thru and eat in, but nothing spectacular, unless I'm alone in this thinking.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 07:41:11 pm »
McD's coffee usually is pretty good. The egg McMuffin is a pretty good breakfast item. If I feel I can afford the calories, I like the bacon/egg/cheese biscuit.  Skip the  "hash browns," though.  :laugh:

The question remains, however, whether serving a supposedly healthy egg white "Eggamuffin" will do anything for McD's bottom line. I think not.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »
I love to go to McDonald's and order a BoB, which is Whataburger's version, breakfast on a bun.
Sausage and egg with picante sauce-no cheese.

Normal breakfast is two eggs and four slices of bacon rolled in a flour tortilla, with picante of course.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 07:59:26 pm »
Does anyone here remember the days when Dairy Queen had wonderful... fresh .... burgers with crisp lettuce and the burgers cooked fresh to order??  not the steamed mess they serve these days.  If you do that is what you get with In and Out Burgers... here is their site... they are still an independently owned chain and recently they have started opening stores in Texas. I was thrilled when they opened one here....   which totally ticked off the other local chains because besides having great burgers at a really good price, they actually pay their employees a good (above min) wage and the other chains here actually tried to get the city council to not approve them because of their higher pay scale.

http://www.in-n-out.com/
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 07:59:38 pm »
I never heard of Whataburger or any of the burgers you guys are talking about, except McDonalds. We have a Kewpie Burger, that is good, but nothing like I've seen in big cities. And, there is Happy Daz, an old fashioned drive thru and eat in, but nothing spectacular, unless I'm alone in this thinking.

After son finished basic and his A school at Great Lakes, he a break, as well as changing duty stations, at Thanksgiving.  He could not get a flight out of Chicago until Thanksgiving Day.  Mother, who was a Navy widow, said we will wait for him for Thanksgiving dinner.  I picked him up at the airport, an hour away, at 8:00PM.  We had to stop at Whataburger and get a hamburger before we went home for dinner.

Does that put Whataburger into perspective for you?  :laugh:

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »
he a break

Have no idea what I was going to say there.  Actual work is interfering again!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:26 pm »
McD's coffee usually is pretty good. The egg McMuffin is a pretty good breakfast item. If I feel I can afford the calories, I like the bacon/egg/cheese biscuit.  Skip the  "hash browns," though.  :laugh:

I agree.  I think the breakfast biscuit sandwiches are tasty as all get out.  The Big Macs I don't like because they are all bun and secret sauce.

As for Schlotzkys--I'll take the "Original" with jalapeno chips please!  Oh how I miss those.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 08:54:57 pm »
I don't care for the hamburgers at McD's. Too much bun, and I'm always afraid one of the workers has expectorated on my sandwich (I don't know why).   :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org