Author Topic: Fashion that Makes Us Sad: Pippa Middleton’s Too-high-waisted Skirt  (Read 2108 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
(a variation on Michelle's infamous boob belt. I'm betting MO would love this skirt)

By Joanna Douglas, Senior Fashion and Beauty Editor| Style Crush

Just five or six years ago women scoffed at high-waisted fashions. Low-rise was all the rage for a decade, and the only bottoms that hit above the belly button in recent years were the dreaded mom jeans. But fashion designers started raising waistlines and retro "Mad Men" fashion made its way back into the mainstream, and in recent years it's seemed like the higher the waist the better. That is until we saw the unfortunate skirt Pippa Middleton wore to an event Monday night.

http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/fashion-makes-us-sad-pippa-middleton-8217-too-172700494.html

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Fashion that Makes Us Sad: Pippa Middleton’s Too-high-waisted Skirt
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 11:55:07 am »
Hey, it amplifies the bustline. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm a fan.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 01:36:06 pm »
Hip-hugging pants, which are about all one can find in the stores, don't look good on anyone over 30 years of age or 115 pounds. I won't mind a return to at least some higher-waisted fashions!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:51:11 pm »
Hip-hugging pants, which are about all one can find in the stores, don't look good on anyone over 30 years of age or 115 pounds. I won't mind a return to at least some higher-waisted fashions!

I remember the days when I looked good in hip-hugger pants and high-waisted dresses.  The difference between Pippa and Mooshell is age and figure and common sense.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:51:46 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 06:53:01 pm »
BTW how many here remember the sack dress?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:28:58 pm »
BTW how many here remember the sack dress?

I do. On my Mom it was "form fitting".  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:06:01 pm »
I do. On my Mom it was "form fitting".  :smokin:

Ouch........

Offline Allegra

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »

I agree.  I'm sick of the low-rise look.  Very few people can actually pull that off and more power to those who can.  Tired of seeing women walking around with an exposed fat roll hanging out.  On what planet is that considered attractive?

That being said, I like Pippa's dress (on Pippa) but I'm no fashion maven.

And I think Michelle Obama's sense of fashion is laughable.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:38:46 pm by Allegra »
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.