Author Topic: Foolish "Intellectuals"  (Read 5956 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Foolish "Intellectuals"
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2019, 10:19:13 pm »
Nope.

What (sic) striking here...since your last efforts at trolling in 2012, seven years later you're still under 48 posts.

You convict yourself, @DeerSlayer

but, carry-on. (sic)

What I said stands, notwithstanding your "Nope."

"Trolling" is a trivial epithet hurled at anyone who writes something the name-caller doesn't like and can't refute using facts and common sense.  What's next, "racist" and "fascist"?

Your comment was almost below my response threshold, but for the sake of others who may be willing to learn from your mistakes, I responded this one time.  I doubt that I ever will again.  I trust that this forum has an Ignore List. You'll be the first name on mine.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »
@LegalAmerican

I have heard that mantra all my life.  I refuse to live in fear.

Your pretense of courage will avail you absolutely NOTHING.  But keep on pretending.....
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »
Your pretense of courage will avail you absolutely NOTHING.  But keep on pretending.....

@DeerSlayer

I'm not the one that is terrified and kissing mythical ass to be "saved",Bubba.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 05:08:05 pm »
BKMK

Offline Mod1

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 11:09:07 pm »
That's enough, both of you. Move on.
@sneakypete  @DeerSlayer

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 11:09:43 pm »
@DeerSlayer

I'm not the one that is terrified and kissing mythical ass to be "saved",Bubba.

Not ONE Christian is "terrified."  You make up everything you say.
Loving and respecting our Creator is not "kissing mythical ass."
And rest assured, we ARE saved.  You, not so much.

Christians are, on average, happier than atheists.  Christians have better sex lives, lower rates of clinical depression and suicide.  Christians give more money,  more blood, and donate more of their time to all categories, religious, secular, family,  and friends.

On your side of the Godless Ledger, atheists have murdered 150,000,000 in the twentieth century.  That grisly toll continues, though at something of a reduced rate.

http://AtheismIsEvil.blogspot.com

“It seems to me that when confronted with the marvels of life and the universe, one must ask why and not just how. The only possible answers are religious…. I find a need for God in the universe and in my own life.” - Arthur L. Schawlow, Professor of Physics at Stanford University, winner of the Nobel Prize in physics, believes that new scientific discoveries provide compelling evidence for a personal God.

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.”  ― Max Planck

"Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God." - James Tour, Professor of Biochemistry, Rice University

For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been waiting there for centuries. - Robert Jastrow

“Astronomers now find they have painted themselves into a corner because they have proven, by their own methods, that the world began abruptly in an act of creation to which you can trace the seeds of every star, every planet, every living thing in this cosmos and on the earth. And they have found that all this happened as a product of forces they cannot hope to discover. That there are what I or anyone would call supernatural forces at work is now, I think, a scientifically proven fact.” ― Robert Jastrow

“There is no doubt that a parallel exists between the big bang as an event and the Christian notion of creation from nothing.” - Nobel Prize  winner George Smoot

Note:  I posted this before reading the Moderator's warning.  Rather than comment as he did, the Moderator SHOULD have deleted the hateful crap immediately preceding his post.   Hateful condescension is anti-intellectual, unscientific, and utterly typical of atheists.  They never seem to realize that.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:17:02 pm by DeerSlayer »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:07 pm »
Not ONE Christian is "terrified."  You make up everything you say.
Loving and respecting our Creator is not "kissing mythical ass."
And rest assured, we ARE saved.  You, not so much.

Christians are, on average, happier than atheists.  Christians have better sex lives, lower rates of clinical depression and suicide.  Christians give more money,  more blood, and donate more of their time to all categories, religious, secular, family,  and friends.

On your side of the Godless Ledger, atheists have murdered 150,000,000 in the twentieth century.

@DeerSlayer

I can't let those lies and that slander pass without responding.

No one can accuse you of not drinking your Soylent Green,can they,comrade?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 11:32:47 pm »
@DeerSlayer

It was my son I told you about on the Canberra ship.  Now you post,

"'Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God. - James Tour, Professor of Biochemistry, Rice University.'"

My son went to Rice University majoring in Space Physics and Astronomy.
Strange as you make comments here, it touches my life in some way.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 11:38:38 pm »
What I said stands, notwithstanding your "Nope."

"Trolling" is a trivial epithet hurled at anyone who writes something the name-caller doesn't like and can't refute using facts and common sense.  What's next, "racist" and "fascist"?

Your comment was almost below my response threshold, but for the sake of others who may be willing to learn from your mistakes, I responded this one time.  I doubt that I ever will again.  I trust that this forum has an Ignore List. You'll be the first name on mine.

Yes, we have an ignore feature..it is in your Profile settings and works wonders...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 11:47:34 pm »
@DeerSlayer

Read Counting to God: A Personal Journey Through Science to Belief
Hardcover – 2014
by Douglas Ell  (Author)

https://www.amazon.com/Counting-God-Personal-Journey-Through/dp/0963270168/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Counting+to+God&qid=1565394163&s=books&sr=1-1

Go there and read about it.  Seriously, you need this book.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 11:59:19 pm »
Why is this 2012 thread still open? 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 02:49:13 am »

Nice. Why should any member be denied the ability or right to post from any dimension?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2019, 03:00:45 am »
Nice. Why should any member be denied the ability or right to post from any dimension?

There's some dimensions that no one should post from, right?

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2019, 07:40:23 pm »
There's some dimensions (sic) that no one should post from, right?

What dimension(s) would it/they be?

http://AtheismIsEvil.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2019, 10:05:33 pm »
Atheism aside, Isaac was afraid to fly.  He only drove or rode on ground transportation, purely out of ignorance.  Flying commercially is ten times safer, mile for mile, than driving.

Well, technically, the flying is not the problem... it's the ceasing to fly that is the problem, and the abrupt stop at the end. Statistics then bend quite the other way, don't they?

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2019, 11:03:17 pm »
Well, technically, the flying is not the problem... it's the ceasing to fly that is the problem, and the abrupt stop at the end. Statistics then bend quite the other way, don't they?

Roamer, ask someone to explain mortality rates to you, okay?  You talk like a high schooler.

Mortality rates are 0.2 deaths per 10 billion passenger miles in commercial aviation.
For automobiles, they are 150 deaths per 10 billion vehicle miles.
That would make cars 750 times more dangerous and deadly than commercial aircraft, which Doofus Asimov feared so much.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 12:50:54 am »
Roamer, ask someone to explain mortality rates to you, okay?  You talk like a high schooler.

Mortality rates are 0.2 deaths per 10 billion passenger miles in commercial aviation.
That would make cars 750 times more dangerous and deadly than commercial aircraft, which Doofus Asimov feared so much.

@DeerSlayer

You SERIOUSLY call Issac Asimov a doofus????????

What's YOUR IQ,bubba?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 12:55:32 am »

All of that doesn't matter a whit. Liars, damn liars, and statistics, after all.
Where it matters is in the comparison:
You KNOW you are going to crash... Which one will you be more likely to walk away from?
THEN the statistical reality is quite different.

Thanks. I'll stay on the ground.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2019, 01:05:28 am »

@Sanguine, the OP'er wanted to bump it, apparently:

Seven hundred sixty-six views and no comments, over six and a half years.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2019, 01:42:25 am »
@Sanguine, the OP'er wanted to bump it, apparently:

And here we are, purt near seven months on and bumping it again.  ***suicide***
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2019, 02:25:33 am »
And here we are, purt near seven months on and bumping it again.  ***suicide***

My uncle used to say a female aged 16 to 25 with a driver's license is the most dangerous animal in the planet. And that was before cellphones.

Interesting enough, in a 2017 survey, the fear of dying ranked 48th at 20.3%.

Fear of Corrupt Government Officials topped the list at 74.5%.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2019, 12:45:54 pm »
I didn’t know Asimov was afraid to fly, but I knew Ray Bradbury was afraid to fly.

And I’m not afraid to die.  Lou Reed got that bit right. It’s living that’s hard.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:46:47 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2019, 02:17:17 pm »
I didn’t know Asimov was afraid to fly, but I knew Ray Bradbury was afraid to fly.

@Gefn

Who can blame them? Not only were airplanes and navigation much more primitive and a lot less reliable back then,these were both VERY smart men that liked to be in control over every aspect of their own lives,because let's face it,there has NEVER been a shortage of lazy and clueless fools trying to get through life by doing the absolute minimum.

Being a control freak might not make you the most fun guy at a party,but chances are you will live longer and be healthier and happier.

Let's face it,the reason most airplanes fall out of the sky is due to human error,yet here you are being required to turn over the safety and well-being of both you and your family to the perfect strangers in the cockpit,as well as the mechanics that serviced the airplane.

I suspect this fear of airplanes falling out of the sky may have had something to do with their obsession with space flight. No gravity,no falling.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »
@DeerSlayer

goopo

Thank you kindly, Friend.  I have a special gift for you.  I will send it to you via PM.