Author Topic: Amazing Birds of Paradise: A Must See!  (Read 1838 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Amazing Birds of Paradise: A Must See!
« on: October 26, 2012, 05:30:13 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

Re: Amazing Birds of Paradise: A Must See!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:15:37 pm »
They're beautiful, but I have to ask about "the miracle of evolution." Are they really crediting God for creating these wonders?

Amen!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »
They're beautiful, but I have to ask about "the miracle of evolution." Are they really crediting God for creating these wonders?

Amen!

I believe it's from a POV where you're applying what's considered to be the normal laws of evolution.  The consensus seems to be that evolution happens so the species can survive.

Why would these birds have those long filaments...that open and flutter?   Simply to attract a female?

But they're beautiful.   Surprised nobody else has commented on them.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:36:07 pm »
The word "miracle" usually is used in the context of attributing something to God. I found it interesting that evolutionists used it (although evolution is not necessarily inconsistent with the existence of a creator God).

In any event, thanks for posting the videos. They certainly are beautiful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org