Author Topic: Here’s the New ‘Iron Man 3′ Trailer (And, Yes, It Looks Awesome)  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/heres-the-new-iron-man-3-trailer-and-yes-it-looks-awesome/

Here’s the New ‘Iron Man 3′ Trailer (And, Yes, It Looks Awesome)

Posted on October 23, 2012 at 11:45am by Becket Adams

Perhaps feeling that we could all use a two-minute break from the U.S. presidential election, Marvel Studios, in association with Paramount Pictures and DMG Entertainment, on Monday released the first full-length trailer for the new “Iron Man 3.”

And, yes, it looks awesome.

Well, okay, let us clarify: As is the case with most movie trailers, we really have no idea what’s going on here. We just feel that, based on the following images, “Iron Man 3″ will be every bit as fun and enjoyable as its predecessors (and if it’s not, then we’ll feel pretty stupid for this sentence):

A battered-looking Robert Downey Jr. (Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang, The Avengers, Sherlock Holmes) will reprise his role as Marvel Comics’ Tony Stark (i.e. Iron Man).

Don Cheadle (Hotel Rwanda, Crash, Ocean’s [Insert Number]) will return to play Lt. Col. James “Rhodey” Rhodes, Stark’s loyal friend.

We’re not sure what role Guy Pearce (Memento, Rules of Engagement, L.A. Confidential) will play in “Iron Man 3” (and we refuse to look it up because of potential spoilers), but we’re pretty sure he’s not one of the good guys (just look at that face!).

Gwyneth Paltrow (The Royal Tenenbaums, Emma, Se7en) as Pepper Potts being, um, I guess kidnapped by someone dressed in an Iron Man suit.

various assortment of things blowing up.

A red, white, and blue (i.e. awesome) version of the Iron Man suit.

Ha! Told you Guy Pearce was up to no good.

We have no idea what’s going on here (but it looks exciting).

Finally, a look at the villain. Wait, is that Gandhi? That is Gandhi!

Sir Ben Kingsley [Schindler’s List, Rules of Engagement, and, of course, Gandhi]) will be playing the Mandarin, one of the least intimidating-sounding villains ever. But, you know, whatever. At least he’s properly accessorized:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjG-1U3wqA&feature=player_embedded
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Here’s the New ‘Iron Man 3′ Trailer (And, Yes, It Looks Awesome)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »
I love a good action movie!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »
Most of the summer this was filmed on the NC coast. and some where over seas. Paltrow and all of them frequented a mom and pop restaurant when they film here. Odd thing is I watched the trailer and don't recognize any scenery.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline SevenofNine

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »
OH I love Iron Man franicse

Robert Downey JR I hear going be very busyyyy with this and the next Avenger movie in 2014 or 15

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 09:21:17 pm »
I am so glad Robert Downey Jr. got his act together, I have always liked his acting....

Offline SevenofNine

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »
Since I live in LA

I worry about Robert every time I put on the news this guy was like 1990s Lindsey Lohan always get into trouble that for while Fox station 11 had what kind of trouble Robert Downey Jr into it seem every other day he getting busted for drugs and nodding in neigbor kid bed