Author Topic: That green-on-blue attack this morning  (Read 1271 times)

famousdayandyear

That green-on-blue attack this morning
« on: October 01, 2012, 03:11:23 am »

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here …but you can see it from here

That green-on-blue attack this morning
September 30th, 2012

So, this is how I’m hearing that the attack happened this morning. A sergeant first class and a contractor approached an ANA checkpoint and struck up a conversation with the officer in charge of the outpost. In mid-sentence, the ANA officer shot the contractor and the sergeant first class, who went down returning fire.

As the sergeant first class was shot, the entire 17-man Afghan unit opened fire on the US convoy which was passing through the checkpoint. Three other soldiers were injured, and one is critical.

That means that there were 17 m’er f’ers who had slipped through the system that we were assured was in place to weed out the goat raping thugs who planned on killing Americans. 17 of them in one unit.

But, don’t worry, because General John Allen is “mad as hell” about it;

ISAF commander General John Allen told US 60 Minutes program in an interview recorded before the latest incident, and scheduled to be aired today, that insider attacks were unacceptable.

“I’m mad as hell about them, to be honest with you,” he said. “We’re willing to sacrifice a lot for this campaign, but we’re not willing to be murdered for it.”

I hope he cleared his anger with the White House, because it was just a few weeks ago Jay Carney told us that the casualties from the “insider” attacks was “negligible” in terms of the strategy.

So, I guess if you ignore the problem long enough, it’ll become the strategy after a while, huh?

By the way, if you’re looking for a link to the report of how that attack happened this morning, there won’t be one. Either take my word for it or don’t. I know their names and the unit, too, but I’m not sure if the NOK has been notified yet because I don’t see the names anywhere.

http://thisainthell.us/