Author Topic: iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 – Maybe The Next Time … Right ?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.gforgames.com/gadgets/iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-maybe-next-tim-25068/

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 – Maybe The Next Time … Right ?

by Mihai on September 22, 2012

As you may already be aware of, a few days ago Samsung has revealed a printed ad that almost became an internet meme in a very short time. Some people found the ad to be not so subtle, so I like to describe it as being “brutally hilarious“. Whether or not the ad was clever, it did its job well and even Nokia felt the need to join the party by coming up with their on reply regarding the headline “it doesn’t take a genius“.

Well if you loved that ad then you’ll probably love what Samsung did next even more. Apparently, the Korean manufacturer took things to the next level and created a real (video) commercial which has been revealed “coincidentally” on the same day the iPhone 5 hit the shelves.

iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 - Maybe The Next Time ... Right ?

The ad is about a minute and a half long and shows a crowd waiting in line in front of an Appl..*ahem* unnamed store. Nobody is saying the names “Apple” or “iPhone” in the clip, but it’s pretty obvious what this is all about. As a hint, every person waiting in line appears to wear a pair of white headphones, basically differentiating the Apple customers from Galaxy S3 owners.

There are some pretty hilarious moments in the commercial and our favorite is probably the one at the very end, when after hearing about Pop up Play and NFC an Apple customer hopes that they’ll get the same features on an iPhone as well, but “maybe not this time…the next time…right?”

Overall, we really love the commercial and we think it manages to be both clever and hilarious. After the legal battles between the two companies we find it refreshing knowing that Samsung has the power of mocking Apple openly. They manage to create an aura of “unstoppable” and I’m sure that Samsung fans are prouder than ever of their shiny new Samsung Galaxy S3

Check out the video below and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nf5-Prx19ZM

Thanks Android Central for the heads-up regarding the Samsung Galaxy S3 commercial.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 – Maybe The Next Time … Right ?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 12:14:14 am »
~LOL~ I'm getting the Samsung s3, saw this new ad and it cracked me up...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776