Author Topic: Now, That’s REALLY Wanting to Avoid Deployment . . . .  (Read 1345 times)

famousdayandyear

Now, That’s REALLY Wanting to Avoid Deployment . . . .
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:04:28 am »
Now, That’s REALLY Wanting to Avoid Deployment . . . .
September 15th, 2012

Not that many people in the military actually want to deploy. But when their number comes up most grumble a bit – then go.

Hey, I can understand not wanting to deploy. No one likes the idea of potential unsanitary involuntary random body piercings, or being separated from friends and family for months at a time. But it’s part of the deal you made when you signed on the dotted line.

However, a few actively try to avoid deployments when their number comes up. And some really pull out all the stops to avoid going.

What stops, you ask? Well, like convincing their own spouse to shoot them.

No, I’m not kidding.

It seems a young USAF SSgt stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA, was accused of doing exactly that the other day. She is accused of having her husband (also in the USAF, and also a SSgt at Barksdale AFB) shoot her to avoid deployment to SWA. She was wounded in both legs – apparently not seriously, since she’s already out of the hospital.

She originally told police that she was shot early Friday by an intruder who escaped before police arrived. On further investigation, local police arrested her husband for illegal use of a weapon – for shooting her.   Police also issued her a summons for criminal mischief for filing a false police report.

No word on whether the USAF has preferred charges yet for malingering, conspiracy, or other crimes against either. But I’d guess that’s only a matter of time.  Tell your careers goodbye, Sergeants – and possibly all your VA benefits as well.

I will never understand some people. Sheesh, how freaking stupid can someone be?

HT:  www.thisainthell.us

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Now, That’s REALLY Wanting to Avoid Deployment . . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:39 am »
good grief!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776