Author Topic: Fact Checkers, Stat: Longoria, Blige, Johansson and Washington Spin for Obama  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/09/06/stars-shill-obama

Fact Checkers, Stat: Longoria, Blige, Johansson and Washington Spin for Obama

Christian Toto 6 Sep 2012 

The stars came out for President Barack Obama tonight at the DNC convention, and they clearly took a few lessons from factually challenged party chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

George Clooney, Sarah Jessica Parker and Brad Pitt must have had other plans, so Obama and his fellow Democrats made due with Eva Longoria, Kerry Washington, Scarlett Johansson and Mary J. Blige.

And boy, did they hurl a whole heaping helping of lies and obfuscations to make their case. You don't need a "fact checker" to see the whoppers on display. We'll bold the biggies all the same:

Longoria: No tax breaks for me, thanks

“Mitt Romney would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own — and mine," Longoria, best known for her role on the TV show “Desperate Housewives,” said Thursday in a speech at the Democratic National Convention. "And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers — she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."

Kerry Washington: GOP won't let you vote!

"You may not be thinking about politics, but politics isthinking about you. Today, there are people out there trying to take away rights that ourmothers, our grandmothers, and our great-grandmothers fought for. Rights that we fought for.”

What are those rights?

“Our right to vote, our right to choose; our right to affordable, quality education; equal pay; access to health care; and we the people cannot let that happen,” Washington said.

Scarlett Johansson: Still excited about [expired] Hope and Change

“This year on Nov. 6, I am filled with that same pride, that same enthusiasm to press the button to re-elect President Barack Obama,” she said.

Singer Mary J. Blige didn't speak at the convention but she gave the President an "A" for his first term.

“With the mess he was tossed, I think he did a great job. Seriously, I mean, he’s only one man,” the singer told CNN after performing onstage at the Democratic National Convention on Thursday.

Blige also said she wishes people would just “chill out and let the man do his job ... let him finish his work.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Among the many idiotic things Democrats are spouting is the notion that for one person to have some wealth requires a corresponding theft or taking from someone else, that a tax cut for one income level  means a tax increase for another. 

As you said elsewhere, Rap, why don't Eva Longoria and the rest of her rich Hollywood friends just write checks to the U.S. Treasury if they don't feel good about having more money than they need?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org