Author Topic: Elizabeth Taylor’s original trailer destroyed during ‘Liz & Dick’ filming  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/31/elizabeth-taylors-original-trailer-destroyed-during-liz-dick-filming/#ixzz25ANP5SsR

Elizabeth Taylor’s original trailer destroyed during ‘Liz & Dick’ filming
Published: 4:48 PM 08/31/2012
By Taylor Bigler   

Back in 1963, it was very uncommon for a movie star to have his or her own private trailer while on a film set (unlike today when actors like Will Smith have double-decker, three-bedroom trailers that take up entire New York City blocks).

So when 20th Century Fox gave Elizabeth Taylor her own 38-foot, $73,000 luxury trailer for the duration of “Cleopatra” production, it was a very big deal. (The trailer is also the alleged site of many Taylor and Richard Burton trysts.)

Since it was one of the first of its kind, the trailer had been kept in its extravagant original form for nearly fifty years — until Lindsay Lohan got a hold of it.

According to CNN, the trailer was sold at an auction to Angel Alger for $50,000 back in June. But as part of the stipulation of the sale, the trailer had to go back two days later to Silver Screen Pictures for one week of filming of Lifetime’s original movie about Taylor and Burton, “Liz & Dick.”

Alger said that when it was returned to her in July, there was an estimated $100,000 worth of damage done to the trailer. Photographs show that there are several broken dishes and glasses, cigarette burns on fabric and even on a portrait of Taylor.

Several of Taylor’s items are also missing from the trailer. One redheaded actress that used the trailer during “Liz & Dick” filming has a history of theft.

“I did not get to enjoy using the lavish French phone that she used or even her personal hair brush that probably still had some of her hair in it,” Alger told CNN. ”Only a psychotic and rebellious person or people would steal irreplaceable museum belongings and leave it in this vandalized condition.”

Who could have possibly done all this damage?

Lohan, who is a known chain smoker, has a history of hurling glasses across nightclubs. She also has a history of stealing.

Alger said that Silver Screen told her that Lohan and her friends used the trailer each night after filming. And it is highly unlikely that they used the trailer to do crossword puzzles.

Naturally, Lohan’s representative said that she is innocent. “This has nothing to do with Lindsay,” Steve Honig said. ”You should ask the producers about it.”

Alger said she had been in contact with the studio, but after she met with an insurance rep for Silver Screen her calls have not been returned.

It’s been a rough month for Lohan, who was recently thrown out of the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles for failing to pay her $46,000 tab.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The train wreck keeps on getting worse.

I think the problem is that Lindsay never went much beyond high school and expected her acting career to take care of her for the rest of her life. So she's never really grown up. She's been stuck in this irresponsible, party-girl attitude ever since and for a while it was really messing her up (that time when she had the blonde hair and the overly bloated lips was rather freaky). Fortunately, she's starting to get her looks back (and to be frank, I always thought she looked cute with the red hair). Unfortunately, the attitude and the maturity still aren't there, and too often it shows. I think deep down she wants to break out of this endless cycle, but she doesn't know how and she keeps falling into the trap.

Perhaps, for those of us who are Christians, this is the type of woman who needs our prayers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

JM I will add a great deal of her problem lies with her parents, her mother has tried to live vicariously through her and when she needed help instead of providing it, went out partying with her instead... her father is a total piece of work and like you said Lindsay never grew up... the judge tried to help her, but I suspect this is not going to end well with her.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776