Author Topic: Shoulder to cry on: Kelly Ripa joins Anderson Cooper on his heartbreak trip to Croatia - as it emerges he 'kicked cheating lover out and called off engagement'  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Shoulder to cry on: Kelly Ripa joins Anderson Cooper on his heartbreak trip to Croatia - as it emerges he 'kicked cheating lover out and called off engagement'

By John Stevens and Rachel Quigley

PUBLISHED: 11:03 EST, 15 August 2012 | UPDATED: 12:17 EST, 15 August 2012

Kelly Ripa has flown to Croatia to provide a much-needed shoulder to cry on for heartbroken Anderson Cooper, who escaped to the European destination after pictures of his long-term boyfriend kissing another man appeared online.

The CNN anchor tweeted the Instagram image earlier today soon after it was reported he has kicked Ben Maisani out of their Manhattan apartment and called off their engagement.

A source told the National Enquirer: 'Anderson was furious when he saw those photos. They caught him completely off-guard.

'Ben runs with a really fast crowd in New York and Anderson always knew that his boyfriend was exposed to young, hot gay men at his bar. But he also believed he could trust Ben to stay faithful to him.'

Pictures of the Eastern Bloc bar owner kissing and canoodling with another man openly in a New York Park were first published by MailOnline on Sunday.

Maisani was thought to have been on the trip with him when he saw the pictures.

A source told Life & Style that the couple were already on vacation together when photos of the kiss were published exclusively by MailOnline on Sunday.

‘Anderson was with Ben in Croatia when he was told about the photos,’ the source said. ‘They were on a yacht.

‘They flew to Croatia on (Saturday) August 11, one day after the photos were taken. Anderson's upset - who wouldn't be?’

The source added that contrary to reports the couple do not have an open relationship and Anderson has been hit hard by the betrayal.

Anderson has never spoken publicly about his relationship and has made no comment on the photos of his boyfriend.

On Tuesday he tweeted for only the third time since the photos were published, posting a photograph of the sun setting over the sea with the caption ‘sunset’.

Cohen, who is also gay, posted an almost identical picture on his Instagram feed. It has been rumoured that Kelly Ripa’s husband Mark Consuelos is also on the trip.

Cooper revealed he was gay in July, saying: '’The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be more happy.'

Heartache? Anderson Cooper tweeted this sunset in Croatia with th caption 'Sunset'. He was reportedly on a yacht with boyfriend Ben Maisani when pictures of him kissing another man emerged

A source told the Enquirer: 'Anderson's shattered. he felt secure enough with Ben that he took the bold step of coming out as gay this year. Now he knows they are finished forever.

'Anderson will put on a brave face, but he is absolutely devastated.'

The couple live together at Cooper's converted fire station townhouse and enjoy a low-key lifestyle, working out and going to dinner with friends including Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.

They were encouraged to marry last year by Anderson's mother, designer Gloria Vanderbilt. She reportedly helped the pair patch up their relationship after they struggled with conflicting work schedules.

Cooper agreed to cut back on trips abroad, while Maisani said he would do fewer night shifts at his bar. Vanderbilt, 88, was also reportedly encouraging the men to adopt a child.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188795/Anderson-Cooper-gets-comforted-Kelly-Ripa-vacation-Croatia.html#ixzz23gVKh5eR
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So, it was a little hard for me to tell from reading this article - but is Kelly Ripa's husband gay too? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

So, it was a little hard for me to tell from reading this article - but is Kelly Ripa's husband gay too?

No....... but it sounded (to me) like Kellie is spending most of their vacation comforting her ole pal Anderson Cooper...  BTW in those pics she sure looks different without her makeup.

Offline alicewonders

She does look different - I think she looks younger without makeup.  I also think she is one of the skinniest women on earth.  Eat. A. Cheeseburger. Kelly. Please!

The picture of the two men kissing is hard for me to look at.  I'll never understand why someone would want to stick their pee-pee up someone's poo-poo.  it's just not natural.  2199

Offline Rivergirl

pictures at the link ...... I'm not posting them ~LOL~

Oh thank you thank you thank you for not posting pictures.

Offline mountaineer

Geez, Kelly (and Mark) - just take care of your children and let this aging queen handle his own problems.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

The picture of the two men kissing is hard for me to look at.  I'll never understand why someone would want to stick their pee-pee up someone's poo-poo.  it's just not natural.  2199

same here.....

Oceander

She does look different - I think she looks younger without makeup.  I also think she is one of the skinniest women on earth.  Eat. A. Cheeseburger. Kelly. Please!

Thank you for that image.  Now I'm going to go wash my eyes out.

Offline alicewonders

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sorry about that.

ROFL!

Seeing your quote next to your avatar cracked me up out loud.   Cat jumped.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

Offline mountaineer

So are they still an item or not?
Eastern Bloc — the East Village bar co-owned by Anderson Cooper’s boyfriend Ben Maisani — has found a novel way to raise money for President Obama.

Dubbed “Go Go for Obama,” the Saturday night affair, we hear, will feature go-go boys grinding on a stripper pole and a host committee including former New York Ranger Sean Avery and Jack White’s ex Karen Elson.

We’re told Cooper will not be there, as he doesn’t make any contributions or attend political events. The minimum donation’s a hundred bucks. (“Anderson’s friend Sarah Jessica Parker hosted a fund-raiser with Anna Wintour for $40,000 per ticket,” sniffed a source.) But we’re not sure if all the singles that wind up in the dancers’ underwear also go to Obama.
Page Six

I imagine Barry would especially like the bills that had been stuffed into a guy's G-string.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org